Respected Contributor

Re: MarlaWynne Fashions & Accessories 2021

I like to watch Marla and have bought her flatter fit pants and a tank top. Both were nice. But I am 5'4" and small boned. I think some of the ruanas and toppers would overwhelm me. Also I"m retired with nowhere to go. Plus I am in a warm climate and have all the sweaters and long sleeves I need.

Honored Contributor

I find Marla very easy to watch and listen to.  She's funny and quite entertaining.  I suppose she's in Denver for the big blizzard today.  I find I'm glued to the TV when she's on. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Very interesting--thanks for the info. I'd never heard of this brand, since I don't shop at HSN. I like it. Sort of Lori Goldberg meets Dennis Basso. But yes, pricey. 

Honored Contributor

I like many of her pieces, but I suspect I would have the same problem with them as I do with Eileen Fisher in whose clothes I end up looking like I am wearing clothes that belong to someone at least half a foot taller than I am.

Also, most days my idea of dressing up is clean capris and a pretty top.

Esteemed Contributor

Welcome back @Chi-town girl !  Glad to see/read that you are back on the boards.

Now as much as I  love Marla, that seagrass color made me kooky, I  brought as many pieces as I  could in my size.

I love the colors of her new items too but anything and everything I have that can hold clothing is bursting at the seams.  I have done very little shopping this year only about 4 or 5 items which is highly unusual for me since they let Louis Dell'Olio go. 

On that note I am sure I will see something I can't resist.

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

I have a closet full of Mar's stuff and without a job (darn covidrama) I have no place to wear it.

My current fave of her color offerings are sand and camel.

I adore her flatter fit pants, her tank style dresses, her kimonos and her poly/rayon/span pants with a 'tacked" bottom not quite a jogger but akin to a jogger - they are called Marla Wynne Slouch Pants. I wear them almost daily as my house uniform.

I have gifted her clothing so often my family thinks she's a personal friend!

The thing is, her stuff isn't trendy, isn't made cheaply and isn't a one hit wonder....so I think the  friend likes getting her clothing as a gift. 

At least I hope so!

I'm looking for a few of her gauzy tanks and button down sheer blouses to go on sale to stock up on next.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I love Marlas clothes but I just don't have any place to wear that kind of clothing now that I'm retired.  I sometimes wish I had a job just so I could get dressed up again.  Her clothing is also rather expensive, not what you'd buy to wear around the house. I do, however, own a few pieces. 

I like her clothes but I really love her big chunky jewelry.  One of my favorite earrings is a Marla Wynn pair. 

I also love her jewelry. It makes a statement and really adds to her clothing. The necklaces are my favorite! I wrote to the MW team recently to see if they would do a two-pack of t-shirts because I love her fabric and usually wear t-shirts around the house. I wear scrubs every day, so I also wish I had more reason to wear her clothes. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

@Chi-town girl 

I have a closet full of Mar's stuff and without a job (darn covidrama) I have no place to wear it.

My current fave of her color offerings are sand and camel.

I adore her flatter fit pants, her tank style dresses, her kimonos and her poly/rayon/span pants with a 'tacked" bottom not quite a jogger but akin to a jogger - they are called Marla Wynne Slouch Pants. I wear them almost daily as my house uniform.

I have gifted her clothing so often my family thinks she's a personal friend!

The thing is, her stuff isn't trendy, isn't made cheaply and isn't a one hit wonder....so I think the  friend likes getting her clothing as a gift. 

At least I hope so!

I'm looking for a few of her gauzy tanks and button down sheer blouses to go on sale to stock up on next.

if you like Marla I have never seen her clearance prices so low today amd there are lots.

Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

Welcome back @Chi-town girl !  Glad to see/read that you are back on the boards.

Now as much as I  love Marla, that seagrass color made me kooky, I  brought as many pieces as I  could in my size.

I love the colors of her new items too but anything and everything I have that can hold clothing is bursting at the seams.  I have done very little shopping this year only about 4 or 5 items which is highly unusual for me since they let Louis Dell'Olio go. 

On that note I am sure I will see something I can't resist.

@Luvitorleaveit1  - thank you! Good to see you fellow seagrass addict Woman LOL

I was sooooo disappointed to read about the Linea brand/line being discontinued. I have a nice collection of Louis' fashions and jewelry although I've only been shopping here for a decade - missed the early years.

I have picked up a number of Linea items recently -  LOVE his jackets/blazers. Would buy more but my size is sold out. Still looking at some of the jewelry, stalking to scoop up when prices are reduced or free shipping. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

Very interesting--thanks for the info. I'd never heard of this brand, since I don't shop at HSN. I like it. Sort of Lori Goldberg meets Dennis Basso. But yes, pricey. 

@KaySD  - Marla has spoken many times about her draw to Asian designs/influences. Thus her continued production of kimono pieces, shibori prints, even a take on Issey Miyake - I lucked out and scooped up her Issey jacket several years ago on clearance for $20. 

She also has inspirations from St John and Eileen Fisher. And she sources fabrics globally, always looking for something unique. Many of her pieces look like boutique fashions.  

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri