Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: MarlaWynne - 9/27 TS + New Fall items

@Chi-town girl wrote:
MarlaWynne Front Pocket Tunic
502-355
MarlaWynne Front Pocket Tunic

I like this.

She certainly, though, does love open-front cardis and jackets, LOL.  I like this as it's a tunic.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I don't care for her fashions or for her on-air persona.  At least the sweater coat has some cotton in it and isn't a giant lump of shapeless acrylic.  I'm not at all attracted to that shapeless, oversized, square-armed style, but it looks to be well made.

Honored Contributor

i like open front jackets, sweaters, and toppers. i rarely button, zip up, or fasten anything anyways.

i like those printed flatter fits. i bought a pair last spring that has a floral design and they are beautiful, wash well, and are so comfortable.

i like that tunic also.

i think i might be in trouble......Smiley Wink

the materials she uses are excellent in feel and quality.

Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand in hand. - Dr. Seuss
Respected Contributor

MarlaWynne Statement Plaid Print Coat

This I like but if I'm going to spend $160 on a topper, I want to feel the material before I purchase it.

Respected Contributor

@MinNYC wrote:

@Roni18 wrote:

I recently got her "drama kimono with pockets" on sale at a great price.  It is very nice and a high quality piece.  I really needed to exchange it for a smaller size but it sold out quickly, so I'm just keeping the one I have.  How do those of you that buy her things regulary feel abou the fit?  Do they generally run large or do you think it was just for this item?  I am usually between a L and XL but could have worn a medium or possibly small in this one.  The style looks similar to what is pictured as the novelty cardigan.

I always drop down a size - sometimes 2- with her loose kimono styles.  For shorter, more fitted sweaters & jackets , even though the size guidelines tell me I should wear a large,  I always order medium, &'they've been fine.  I am a true medium in pants, so I usually stick to a 10, when numerically sized.  HTH!

Thanks, if I order anything from the new items I think I am going to try a medium even though it seems crazy!

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine45 wrote:

i like open front jackets, sweaters, and toppers. i rarely button, zip up, or fasten anything anyways.

i like those printed flatter fits. i bought a pair last spring that has a floral design and they are beautiful, wash well, and are so comfortable.

i like that tunic also.

i think i might be in trouble......Smiley Wink

the materials she uses are excellent in feel and quality.

I do too, but I also like the button up/zip up toppers. It really depends on the style of the garment and the event/situation/purpose. 

Really like Marla's new collection, I'm in trouble too Woman Wink HSN fashions/shoes Heart I like some of Iris' toppers. And I ordered the cute bodysuit from Wendy x 3 colors + shoes, my 1st purchases from her line. But it helps that I've decided to take a pass on the IMAN TS jacket. Woman LOL 

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

@MinNYC wrote:

@Roni18 wrote:

I recently got her "drama kimono with pockets" on sale at a great price.  It is very nice and a high quality piece.  I really needed to exchange it for a smaller size but it sold out quickly, so I'm just keeping the one I have.  How do those of you that buy her things regulary feel abou the fit?  Do they generally run large or do you think it was just for this item?  I am usually between a L and XL but could have worn a medium or possibly small in this one.  The style looks similar to what is pictured as the novelty cardigan.

I always drop down a size - sometimes 2- with her loose kimono styles.  For shorter, more fitted sweaters & jackets , even though the size guidelines tell me I should wear a large,  I always order medium, &'they've been fine.  I am a true medium in pants, so I usually stick to a 10, when numerically sized.  HTH!

Thanks, if I order anything from the new items I think I am going to try a medium even though it seems crazy!

@Roni18 - make sure to check the garment info for each  item. For cardi or coat toppers,  I usually size down as well as her FFpants. But I stay with my reg size for her butterfly tops. 

Respected Contributor

I love Marla Wynne's clothes.  That front pocket tunic is right up my alley.  I'd wear it with my Iman boot-cut jeans, which are tight down to the knee.  That way, you don't have an outfit that's all oversized, which can sometimes look bad.  I'll be watching because I enjoy her presentations when she talks about her designs and how the clothes are constructed.  I don't plan to buy any clothes until at least next spring, though.

Marla's story about how she ended up designing a line of clothes is very inspirational.  I'd recommend looking it up if you're interested in her or her clothes and haven't heard it before.