Respected Contributor

When her line first arrived on HSN the sizing was more consistent.  Now it is very hit or miss for me in both sizing and quality.  There are a number of items I was interested in that are on deep discount.  Unfortunately the reviews are not encouraging.

I cannot watch her.

Contributor

I thought she and Louis were married and she would model for him at times?

Respected Contributor

@LadyLassie wrote:

I thought she and Louis were married and she would model for him at times?

His wife, a tall statuesque blond, does model for him.

Trusted Contributor

Firstly:  Louis & Marla are not married!!  Louis is on Q, & Marla the other network.

i also like Marla's line very much, & have a lot of it.  I'm wait listed for some nice things now, but I never had any luck with the flatter fit pants.  They don't fit me, although I have tried several times, with different cuts & sizes & I too don't like the fabric at all.  I am not hard to fit , but I can't understand why my usual size 10 doesn't work for me.  As for sizing down, forget it!  However, I do love her knit jackets.

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Ohhhh this might be a chance for me to try the jeans.  I bought a pair of her ponte pants last week but I've not rec'd them yet. 

@Lipstickdiva

I'll be waiting to hear how your pants fit.  I've tried many styles and  materials and have yet to get a proper fit. (the same is true with DG's pants)

@lulu2, I received them yesterday and they don't work for me. 

The knit is very nice and substantial.  The black is a deep, saturated color.  The length was nice but would require a heel, which is fine with me because I pretty much always wear a heel. 

The problem is the waist comes up to my bra!  LOL   I can't stand super high waists like that so back these are going. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@lulu2, I received them yesterday and they don't work for me. 

The knit is very nice and substantial.  The black is a deep, saturated color.  The length was nice but would require a heel, which is fine with me because I pretty much always wear a heel. 

The problem is the waist comes up to my bra!  LOL   I can't stand super high waists like that so back these are going. 

The famous empire waisted pants!

I have a paper of MW black crepe pants.  The material is nice and the width of the leg is perfect for a dressier pants, BUT they tuck under my bra!

Honored Contributor

I like some of the MW styles but her butterfly tee pills terribly.

I have two light weight sweathers that I really like and I purchased her flatter fit TSV pants last year...fabric, to me, was awful...heavy and tight fitting, although I purchasaed according to the measurements.... I have yet to purchase pants online that has fit me properly. 

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I have two light weight sweathers that I really like and I purchased her flatter fit TSV pants last year...fabric, to me, was awful...heavy and tight fitting, although I purchasaed according to the measurements.... I have yet to purchase pants online that has fit me properly. 

See now this is funny because I have a couple of her butterfly tees and I love them.  I wear them a lot and none of them have pilled anywhere, not even in spots I'd expect like under the arms. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

See now this is funny because I have a couple of her butterfly tees and I love them.  I wear them a lot and none of them have pilled anywhere, not even in spots I'd expect like under the arms. 

The butterfly tees are a great example of inconsistency in both quality and sizing.  I have a handful of them from various collections.  The older ones did not pill and I liked the material.  Some of my newer ones, the material was thin, pilled under the arms and the sleeve length was made for Stretch Armstrong.

Honored Contributor

i have about ten of her butterfly tees, both older and newer......none of them have pilled! they are a basic that i hope she keeps in her line forever. every time she is on i pick up a new color. i machine wash them on low agitation, warm water, lay flat to dry.

just received her sheer duster in black, a butterfly tee in soft white, and her floral flatterfit pants in the pink/black combination......the pants are so nice. i will probably get another pair in a different color combination when they get marked down......if i can wait that long.

her bermuda shorts went back. for some reason the top part of the waist did not have that much give to them and it made it difficult to get up over my hips. i did get them up, but too much trouble. everywhere else fit well. they are nice for those who like the flatterfit material AND who are not too curvy.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein