Respected Contributor

I am concerned about the sizing too.  I have recently lost weight and the Marla pants I have are getting looser so I bought one pair in my regular size.  I am petite so I got the tall inseam to make these a full pant.  Hope that medium works for me.  But I wear toppers so I can cover if they are a bit tight.   

I do love the fit of her pants as I have trouble getting a good fit and her rises work for me.  I got the linen this time.  I watched the midnight presentation and put L's in my cart several times but finally went with medium since I have never sized down when she said to do so.  I always stick with the garment measurements advice.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

I loved the fabric on the last two pair of "pants" I ordered of Marla's but they were ankle pants on me and supposed to be crops........I'm 5'5"  Thinking of sending one pair back. 

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Icegoddess The models were far from the camera and they were wearing tops that were covering the waist area.

The close up pics from the website show the pants more accurately.  Some of the models had pants on that fit looser and they looked better.  Tight pants are not a good look.

@Carmie , it's not just these pants or just MW's line.  It's not even just QVC.  I prefer to shop B&M, but when I shop online, I often see a lot of unflattering stuff in the Item Descriptions.  I probably pass over a whole lot of stuff that might actually look nice because of those photos.  If I had seen the MW pants that I currently own only in the Item Dexcription, I probably would never have bought them. 

I haven't looked since what I saw of the presentation at midnight, so I can't say if the models are now wearing smaller sizes or if it looks as bad as in the pic.  I agree, tight pants are not a good look, but that seems to be what QVC wants to sell.  Just put a bunch of stretch in it so any body can squeeze into it.

Honored Contributor

I'm usually a big fan of Marla's clothing but was completely unimpressed by the collection I saw last night.  It was too hot and heavy for summer wear, and as @Carmie says, her colors are very boring, they have no depth.  I will often buy something just because it's a beautiful, flattering, interesting color.  Couldn't say that about what I saw.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have many pieces of Marla's clothes.  I can only buy her ankle length or crop because my legs are short.  So I bought the TS in regular so it comes to my ankles.  Yes I find some of her things to be off sizing but I feel that's because of her styles.  I don't think the colors are boring as I used to wear lots of color previously and found that I look better in the tones she uses.  I have never worn beige before because I thought it was boring on me.  But, I buy hers now and have received many compliments on my clothes and how I look.  Because I am short I don't buy the really boxy tops as they make me look too lopsided.

Honored Contributor

I'm still thinking about buying a pair in blue.  

Honored Contributor

Generally speaking, if pants look tight-ish on the models, I size up.

I like this collection and this TS.  The Kiwi is my favorite, but I would order all colors, if I could.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor
@Carmie
Yes, agreed, the colors are blah and everything she showed at midnight looked like items I've seen at Chicos.
I DID notice however that she's brought down prices considerably and she said she's trying to deliver more consistent sizing to prevent so many returns of her clothing.
Respected Contributor

I've been looking but haven't taken the plunge yet.  I'm not sure about sizing either.  If I get them I will go with the average to have full-length pants on me.  This is the best time of year me to find pants I don't have to hem!

Respected Contributor

I ended up not ordering the pants, but I did order one of her new denim jackets.