Reply
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 149
Registered: ‎03-21-2010

Re: Marla Wynne TS

I really like this.  Fit and flare usually looks good on my large hips.  Contemplating the color options.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,985
Registered: ‎05-10-2010

Re: Marla Wynne TS

That's one ugly dress.  I don't think it looks good on anyone, especially Marla herself.  It's just bizarre.  

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,421
Registered: ‎03-29-2011

Re: Marla Wynne TS

I bought the sleeveless version of this dress a few years ago.  I never wore it as I thought it looked strange(?) on me.  I looked like bubble butt.  I'm sure if I'd asked, "Does this make my butt look big?", the answer would have been a unanimous "YES!"

 

Had this been a regular a-line, I would have bought it in a heartbeat in multiple colors.  The price is excellent.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 107
Registered: ‎07-02-2010

Re: Marla Wynne TS

I have this dress in a sleeveless version and it is adorable!  It is flattering and I get tons of compliments!  It is great with a long necklace and a cardigan, a glitzy necklace and shoes for a night out, and just synagogue services.  I ordered this in black and am excited to get it with sleeves!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 26,826
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Marla Wynne TS


@lulu1 wrote:

I bought the sleeveless version of this dress a few years ago.  I never wore it as I thought it looked strange(?) on me.  I looked like bubble butt.  I'm sure if I'd asked, "Does this make my butt look big?", the answer would have been a unanimous "YES!"

 

Had this been a regular a-line, I would have bought it in a heartbeat in multiple colors.  The price is excellent.


@lulu1that is exactly what I thought of when I saw this dress.  I cannot even imagine that dress on my pear shape and the word bubble butt came to mind.

 

A dress that tapers in like that on the bottom and creates a bubble isn't going to be flattering IMO.  I didn't even like it on tiny Sarah Anderson.  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,985
Registered: ‎05-10-2010

Re: Marla Wynne TS

@lulu1 

 

That was my first impression too "bubble butt".  A dress designed to give every woman who wears it a lumpy bubble butt. LOL   But I think think if I wore it and asked people  "does this give be a bubble butt ?"   Everyone I know (except my younger sister) would say "No" because they wouldn't want to hurt my feelings.  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,387
Registered: ‎04-04-2014

Re: Marla Wynne TS

Amy belted it and it looks fantastic!

 

She's on with Marla now

Valued Contributor
Posts: 697
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Marla Wynne TS


@Andreatoo wrote:

Amy belted it and it looks fantastic!

 

She's on with Marla now


Amy isn't the first to belt it today.  When I see hosts and models belting anything, I figure the item is not for me!  lol

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,387
Registered: ‎04-04-2014

Re: Marla Wynne TS


@Thisismynickname wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

Amy belted it and it looks fantastic!

 

She's on with Marla now


Amy isn't the first to belt it today.  When I see hosts and models belting anything, I figure the item is not for me!  lol


@Thisismynickname 

If you see something belted that means it's not for you?! That's a very confusing statement

Honored Contributor
Posts: 26,826
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Marla Wynne TS

I saw it on Colleen and Debbie Denman last night.  I thought it looked awful on poor Colleen.  The length was at a very awkward spot, giving the dress a matronly look on her.  I thought it looked better on Debbie but not great.

 

I saw it on Amy belted and it was passable but still not great.  And I don't want a dress I have to belt all the time in order for it to look good.