Respected Contributor

Re: Marla Wynne 2018

[ Edited ]

@Roni18

I see I'm not the only one who has difficulty translating the colors from TV/computer to real life.

The pale blue poncho and tank I ordered appears to be a very light grey, almost off white.  In RL life it is a medium, steel grey.

This is far from the first time a garment has arrived with the color bearing little resemblance to what I see online or on TV. 

I had cataract surgery last month on both eyes, so I see colors vividly.

EDIT

I too have trouble with the sizing on her flowy tanks.  Many of them are cut too high under the arm.

Respected Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

@Dawnie wrote:

@Roni18@Chi-town girl   Also ordered the twofer tanks and:

683FD284-A0F0-4B0C-9804-F6F49A7930ED.jpeg

@DawnieI believe that is the same top that I ordered.  It looked so nice on the models and looks like it will be good over the tanks.  

I loved the unstructured chiffon top.  It will be very good for summer.  I will probably wear it more opened as a jacket than buttoned.  I got the dusty rose.  

Respected Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@Roni18

I see I'm not the only one who has difficulty translating the colors from TV/computer to real life.

The pale blue poncho and tank I ordered appears to be a very light grey, almost off white.  In RL life it is a medium, steel grey.

This is far from the first time a garment has arrived with the color bearing little resemblance to what I see online or on TV. 

I had cataract surgery last month on both eyes, so I see colors vividly.

@lulu1  Yes, I am noticing that a lot lately.  While I like all of the colors of the ponchos, none of them appear as bright as their photos.  Also, the seagrass color dress and tanks tend to be more on the silvery/gray side. 

Respected Contributor

marlawynne-mesh-shrug-d-20180417145305447~594275_alt2.jpg

I reordered this dress, thinking the last one was defective, but the new one is the same.  I'm wondering if this is noticeable in all of the dresses or if it is only because the chambray is so light.

You can't see it in this photo because they necklace covers it,  but where the overlay comes down in the front it is a straight seam until right before the split and then the seam separates.  You can see it through the chambray and it just looks sloppy and uneven.  I don't know how noticeable it would actually be but it bugs me!  

If you got any of the other color/pattern of maxi dress, please let me know how it did for you!

Respected Contributor

Re: Marla Wynne 2018

[ Edited ]

@Roni18

I've found most of my purchases that were in the blue family, lean strongly to the grey/silver family. 

Last year I purchased a number of crepe items, Marla said looked like a baby blue blanket.  They look like pale blue that was washed with a black sock.  The color is a dingy blue-grey.

I ordered that maxi dress and had a clump of thread caught in the back seam.  The front seam was odd; mine had pinholes and sewn improperly.  Again the color didn't look anything like the picture.

Respected Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@Roni18

I've found most of my purchases that were in the blue family, lean strongly to the grey/silver family. 

Last year I purchased a number of crepe items, Marla said looked like a baby blue blanket.  They look like pale blue that was washed with a black sock.  The color is a dingy blue-grey.

I ordered that maxi dress and had a clump of thread caught in the back seam.  The front seam was odd; mine had pinholes and sewn improperly.  Again the color didn't look anything like the picture.

@lulu1I think I am just going to let the maxi go back and not do a reorder.  I was happy it was the right length but I don't feel like going in circles hoping I will get a well-sewn one!  I did get the seagrass jersey tank dress from Marla that is pretty long on me and could serve for a dressy event if I dressed it up with a topper or scarf.  I also got a semi long dress from Anthony that looks good too.  

I wonder if they just skimped on the quality control when trying to make enough maxis for the TS.  

Respected Contributor

Butterfly long sleeve tee's are $39.90 now.  Some sizes are already sold out.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

wynnelayers-cropped-wide-leg-knit-pant-d-00010101000000~596048_87L.jpg

These pants will be going back as they were much too large and baggy.  I ordered in my usual pants size of a large.  I knew going in they would be about an inch too short to be full length for me.  They looked okay length wise but I won't reorder because I did not care for the material for pants.  It is a sweater knit/heavyish material.  I did like the seagrass color. 

I love that color too..(ordered the twofer tanks in that color)..and I agree w/you..the pants look too baggy...!. I think the narrow pants are more flattering!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

@emmysmom  I have the wide-leg ponte crop pants from Marla (full length on me!) but they are not nearly as wide as these.  These were so big the fabric was folding over itself on the front of the pants!

Trusted Contributor

@Roni18

I also love the unstructured chiffon top in rose!  Tried it on over a latte tank, it looked great.  Glad I got it.