Contributor

Re: Marla Wynn fans, April 16th

FLATTERfit pants ROCK! I discovered Marla Wynne's line last summer and I am a HUGE fan of these pants and of her boxy cardigans. The fabric is dressier than WIC and the wide flat waistband is super-flattering! The FLATTERfit pant is basically a pull-on pant that doesn't look like one~ Many pants with this silhouette have a side zipper. The look is long and lean with just the right touch of stretch. So thrilled that these pants will be a TS on HSN!!! Ladies, try these pants!!
Honored Contributor

On 4/14/2014 hgsuddle said:

Does anyone have her balloon dress? I was wondering how it fit? Is it flattering? I would love to order it, it looks so cute. TIA!

that was one of the things i was interested in.....have not seen it before.

i guess i better try a pair of the flatter fit pants. i have not taken the plunge on these. i wonder how they work for pear shapes?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

I'm a pear shape, sunshine45, and like the Flatterfit. That said, I only wear them with boots, as they are tighter on my larger calves and I don't like having to constantly pull them down when they're not covered by my boots. I just ordered two of her new LS blouses and am looking forward to receiving them!
Trusted Contributor

I tried a pair of the pants, sizing down as Marla suggests, & they didn't work at all for me, so I'll order my regular size this time. Anyone have comments on the sizing?
Contributor

I did size down in these and they worked great~ BUT I remember Marla saying it depends on how you prefer the pant to fit. If you like a very lean line, size down. If you carry your weight in your waist, that may not be the most comfortable choice. There is a built in shaping panel that helps the stomach area lie flat on the pant~ It's great but may not be the best pant for ladies who don't like a snug waist fit.
Contributor

I did size down in these and they worked great~ BUT I remember Marla saying it depends on how you prefer the pant to fit. If you like a very lean line, size down. If you carry your weight in your waist, that may not be the most comfortable choice. There is a built in shaping panel that helps the stomach area lie flat on the pant~ It's great but may not be the best pant for ladies who don't like a snug waist fit.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks, kpk. I guess I missed that part! I'm sticking to my regular size. The colors look good!
Honored Contributor

On 4/14/2014 sunshine45 said:

Does anyone have her balloon dress? I was wondering how it fit? Is it flattering? I would love to order it, it looks so cute. TIA!

that was one of the things i was interested in.....have not seen it before.

i guess i better try a pair of the flatter fit pants. i have not taken the plunge on these. i wonder how they work for pear shapes?

I wondered that as well and then I read from a poster during one of Marla's winter visits that the pants didn't work for her pear shape. Of course, that was only one person's opinion.

Honored Contributor

I purchased it last year in black and blue, with one of her sweater/jackets. The dresses ran large and did not fit the same though both were the same size. I returned the blue because I was expecting more medium blue and this was dark and more gray than blue. I have to admit, I never wore the black outfit.

My biggest complaint came with the crepe blouses from her last collection. The colors were beautiful but they ran extremely small. In the past her blouses ran full. There are numerous complaints about this.

I have a number of pieces from her earliest collections. I felt the garments were better quality. The sizing was consistent, something which is no longer true.

Respected Contributor

I'm glad that her TS will be the flatter fit pant. They always sell very fast and get rave reviews and would be the first piece I would like to try in her line.