Honored Contributor

Is so, so ummm, square and boxy.  I guess her items are styled for her body and all she talks about is covering up the body.  Too bad she doesn't consider a person with curves. 

Honored Contributor

I've never bought anything of hers although I've liked some items.  But aside from the price which is more than I want to pay, they are shapeless.  I like something with a little more structure.

Honored Contributor

Re: Marla Wynn Clothing

[ Edited ]

I think she does design clothing, particularly tops, for a certain body type...seems to me to be apple shaped.  Very common in women as they age.  

Her styles are not my preference, but I think she is an excellent designer.

First Marla purchase just received yesterday.... these faux suede pants in black on clearance.  Very surprised at the quality and how well they fit.  Nice heavier weight fabric for winter.  

CLEARANCE

CUSTOMER PICK Exclusive! MarlaWynne Faux Suede Straight-Leg Pant

723-288

On sale for $29.90.  

MarlaWynne Faux Suede Straight-Leg Pant

Respected Contributor

Her designs are for her body type..tall and full around the middle. The models for clothing are always tall. Her tops are huge. Her style not for me...I don't like cover up clothing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I look at her clothing most of it seems to be for the professional working woman who needs pieces for someplace more than a casual working environment, perhaps in an office or some other corporate setting. It's definitely not for me. MW proclaims to have the most expensive line sold on HSN. True.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I think she does design clothing, particularly tops, for a certain body type...seems to me to be apple shaped.  Very common in women as they age.  

Her styles are not my mine, but I think she is an excellent designer.

First Marla purchase just received yesterday.... these faux suede pants in black on clearance.  Very surprised at the quality and how well they fit.  Nice heavier weight fabric for winter.  

CLEARANCE

CUSTOMER PICK Exclusive! MarlaWynne Faux Suede Straight-Leg Pant

723-288

On sale for $29.90.  

MarlaWynne Faux Suede Straight-Leg Pant

I now have 2 pair of these pants.  Bought them in black, already had the green, when I saw them on sale a couple of weeks ago.

A lot of designers design for their own body type or have a particular style.  Diane Gillman designs for skinny legs, big belly, and narrow shoulders, so I know not to buy her stuff since I'm the exact opposite.  Logo is lots of layers with mixed patterns.  G by Guiliana designs for a thin frame. I like some of her stuff, but the two pieces of hers I got require some sort of alteration due to flaws.  One skirt has a terrible design flaw and the other came with a belt so long it goes all the way around to the middle of my back and the buckle doesn't hold.  Attitudes by Renee & Iman dresses all look the same, just different prints.  

Honored Contributor

We have HSN outlet store near me.  Stopped in for the first time since shutdown...wanted to see the clothing quality (store has racks & racks of it).  Not impressed cheap material.

JMO 

Of course, store was filled with lots of home, handbags, makeup, jewelry and kitchen stuff.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

We have HSN outlet store near me.  Stopped in for the first time since shutdown...wanted to see the clothing quality (store has racks & racks of it).  Not impressed cheap material.

JMO 

Of course, store was filled with lots of home, handbags, makeup, jewelry and kitchen stuff.

I have to say, those pants above are very good quality and my husband is quite fond of them.  Can't keep his hands off of them.  There's another thread about them here titled something like "The Best Faux Suede Pants".  

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

JMO 

@homedecor1    You apparently didn't see any Marla Wynn clothing because it is excellent quality, both fabric and construction.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

yes I did.  They were sweater type pieces and knit pants.  (I'm going there tomorrow and will recheck).  All the clothing especially the brand "slinky something" were cheap looking.  Of course, these stores are returns & 2nds ...

I think Tuesday is additional % off.  I can't buy clothes off tv need to try on and I love Talbots.