Honored Contributor

Re: March 9 TSV Presale: Joan Rivers Boyfriend Shirt Under $45

[ Edited ]

For me $50 is sort of a average price. If I really wanted something I wouldn't lose out over $10

This garment will last for years, and over time the $10 will be well spent

Honored Contributor

I ordered in pink :-)

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

I like the idea of this TSV and I love the colors.  I don't think I will order though because it appears to be a very thin material.  If you look closely, you can see through it.  It's not noticeable because all the models are wearing a tank underneath.  It also appears to be baggy.  I would prefer if it was cut straight and not A-line.

Honored Contributor

My favorite part about this shirt is the fringed hem.  Without that, this would be just another boring big shirt, IMO.  I also like the a-line because without it, I think people who are "hippy" may have a problem with buttoning this around their lower half and to go up a size to accomodate that would make it huge through the shoulders/chest.

As far as ironing, not sure there would be a need.  I have a wrinkle release setting on my dryer that does an awesome job and what that doesn't take care of, a little spritz with that Downy wrinkle release spray does the trick.  I would also think if this were bad, a quick hit with a steamer would make fast work of any wrinkles.

Honored Contributor

I think the fact of it being thin, is, it is a summer weight denim

Super Contributor

I thought about buying it, but I don't like it when you can see the pockets thru the material.  That is some really thin denim.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdivawrote:

My favorite part about this shirt is the fringed hem.  Without that, this would be just another boring big shirt, IMO.  I also like the a-line because without it, I think people who are "hippy" may have a problem with buttoning this around their lower half and to go up a size to accomodate that would make it huge through the shoulders/chest.

As far as ironing, not sure there would be a need.  I have a wrinkle release setting on my dryer that does an awesome job and what that doesn't take care of, a little spritz with that Downy wrinkle release spray does the trick.  I would also think if this were bad, a quick hit with a steamer would make fast work of any wrinkles.

Jane mentioned this in the midnight presentation -- she said she could button it, and that she often has the problem you mention above (going up a size makes the top part way too big). 

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEENwrote:

I just may get this in the lavendar. Very pretty colors!

I thought Jane looked lovely in the purple shade!