Honored Contributor

I remember when he was on Americans Next Top Model years ago and said he said did not like plus size models showing his fashions.  One of the contestants had a 38 inch hip and he said she was too big to model for him. 

Now selling clothes on Evine, he never has  any plus sized models modeling his fashions, yet, they do  sell up to size 3X on the channel.

He must be the one who decides who works his shows as far as models....and he must still detest plus sized even though the plus sized woman is in his audience, buying his goods....

Honored Contributor

Re: Marc Bower on Evine Live

I never watched him when he was on QVC but I've seen him a few times on Evine.  I don't think his fashions are meant for 3x--that striped dress (which I like) and those flowered pants IMO would look awful on a larger woman.  And I have never seen a large woman model his clothes although I know Evine has several plus sized models.

What I like about Evine is that they don't spend a lot of time on each item.  Maybe 10 minutes at most and then they move on.  Makes it less boring.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaidenDon't really know Bower, but I'll at least give him a point for his honesty.  I think he has plenty of company in and out of the fashion world, but some are more suble than he about how they express their opinions.

I'm not a designer, but as a shopper right here on QVC I already know some styles that look lovely on some figures really don't work for me at all.  I already know my figure is difficult to design to flatter.  Bower needs to learn how to do that!

Respected Contributor

I am sure he isn’t too big on any model over a size 6.

He just strikes me as that type. Skinny as all get out that he is.

Never did really care for his fashions or him too much.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

There is a plus size model on right now in a MB dress.

Honored Contributor

I've seen plus sized models do his shows on evine. I've never seen him shun them.

Honored Contributor

In addition to the plus size model on right now in one of his dresses, I have seen him use plus size models before on Evine.

Valued Contributor

It's 9:30 AM on the east coast and Marc has a plus side model in one of his dresses.  I  have seen that often.  I am not tiny and I own a lot of his clothes.  They are so well made and beautiful.  I guess you must have watched once because he often has "larger" models on.

Honored Contributor

I see they have plus model Jamie on right now.  All morning during his hour show though there were no plus models that  I saw that hour.  

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I see they have plus model Jamie on right now.  All morning during his hour show though there were no plus models that  I saw that hour.  

@SeaMaiden 

One hour without a plus size model doesn't confirm your statement that he never has plus sized models showing his clothes.