Honored Contributor

Re: Marc Bouwer Spring Collection & TTV Dress

[ Edited ]

@Trudey wrote:

I love the TT dress, but am confused about sizing.  I wear a 12 dress and my bust measures 41".  Do you think an XL will work?  When Marc had his line at QVC, everything ran large, but the measurements on this dress seem small.

This dress is fitted so that makes a difference, too. How close do you want the fit to be? I would check both the size measurements and the garment measurements but it is always the garment measurements that help me the most when deciding what size to order. 

I am not ordering one but I wonder if it would even correctly fit my shape. If I got the correct size for my bust the waist would probably be too big.

Respected Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

I love the TT dress, but am confused about sizing.  I wear a 12 dress and my bust measures 41".  Do you think an XL will work?  When Marc had his line at QVC, everything ran large, but the measurements on this dress seem small.

Trudey, I have never orderd his clothes so I do not know from personal experience, but based on the sizing chart, I do not think an XL would fit a 41 bust.

Missy
XS: Bust: 28-1/2", Center Back: 39-1/4", Waist: 25-1/2"
Small: Bust: 30-1/2", Center Back: 39-5/8", Waist: 27-1/2"
Medium: Bust: 32-1/2", Center Back: 40", Waist: 29-1/2"
Large: Bust: 35-1/2", Center Back: 40-3/8", Waist: 32-1/2"
XL: Bust: 38-1/2", Center Back: 40-3/4", Waist: 35-1/2"

Women's
1X: Bust: 42", Center Back: 41", Waist: 39"
2X: Bust: 46", Center Back: 41-3/8", Waist: 43"
3X: Bust: 50", Center Back: 41-3/4", Waist: 47"

Honored Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

Trudey...except for a few items, Evine items run closer to B and M store sizing.  QVC sizing is huge--sometimes 2 sizes too big.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Generally I am not an EVINE shopper but for some reason receive their What's for launch emails.  I took a chance and ordered the white before I saw a presentation. The price was phenomenal.

His was a line I liked when he was on QVC.

Honored Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

I'm glad I will miss the shows tomorrow. Trying to resist more items Woman LOL

A beautiful collection. Congrats Marc!

I had to get the TTV dress in white. Will look great with my white leather cropped jacket to give it an edgier look. Still considering several other items in my cart.

Anyone else shopping this collection?

I love this dress! Missed it at midnight and white is sold out in most sizes. I ordered the blue and the purple. Just a darling dress! Like that pink top and other items but stopping at the dresses. The white is fabulous!! Your going to rock it Chi!

@Sunnycorle - such a great buy! Glad to see good sales for MB. I did not shop at Q when he was selling there, but he has me shopping more fashions at Evine. I recorded the Sat shows & just finished watching them. He seems really happy, said he will be back in May, thanks to his customers & good response/sales. 

I need to figure out sizing before I buy more from his line. It looks like it will be b&m sizing. Have a nice weekend & enjoy your new Spring dresses! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

727-012_01_swatch.jpg

I received my white dress.  I like the top of the dress but unfortunately the placement of the print on my skirt is not as pictured here.  Mine is on the left side of the dress.  From the back I have a few scattered flowers.

The quality reflects the discounted price not the present price.

Trusted Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

727-012_01_swatch.jpg

I received my white dress.  I like the top of the dress but unfortunately the placement of the print on my skirt is not as pictured here.  Mine is on the left side of the dress.  From the back I have a few scattered flowers.

The quality reflects the discounted price not the present price.

I'm not understanding. This dress has a lot of print on it. Do you mean that the front of your dress is all white and all the printed flowers are on the side? Or just the blue part is on the side. I can't picture what you mean.I got the purple and it looks great. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

@60sgirl
Post a picture!
You too lulu. I own three of Marc's pieces but they are all solids so no issues
Valued Contributor

I ordered 2 but had to return them both unfortunately. I ordered the white floral and instead received the navy and the purple/black print was torn.  Very disappointing.

Honored Contributor

I received my TTV MB dress in the purple floral print and it's beautiful.  Fits like it was made for me.  The fabric has a nice drape and the print on mine looks just like the one pictured.

Sorry to read that some were disappointed and/or that the print was different from expectations or that they received a damaged item.

Mine arrived in perfect shape.

Very feminine dress.  Love!