Super Contributor

Makeup Removal presentations - Gross!

I really wish QVC would find another way to showcase their makeup removal products other than having the models wipe their makeup off with a hand cloth and then displaying the gross and disgusting towel to the world. It may be just me, bit I find it totally gross and disgusting, yuck!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Makeup Removal presentations - Gross!

I agree with you.  It's disgusting.  Purity made simple cleanser contains irritating ingredients and fragrant oils such as black pepper extract.  Why?  You are better off purchasing a gentle water soluable cleanser.

Respected Contributor

Agreed. Some things don't need to be demo'd. 

and the disgusting foot exfoliater is another. 

Respected Contributor

I canNOT watch the foot exfoliating demos, either. Thank you for mentioning that. We get the idea without seeing it. 

Honored Contributor

This is what  the product does, so they have to demo it. 

I remember as a teenager, going into a department store where at the cosmetics counter, the SA would put some 10-0-6 lotion on a cotton swab, and show us how well it worked.

Honored Contributor

I just use a micro-fiber wash rag, warm water.  Then I use the Dr. Denese pads and Hydroshield.

You shouldn't have to use chemicals on your face to get it clean.

Regular Contributor

Do you expect clean wash clothes, rainbow sparkles, and unicorn glitter?

Umm... but that's what the product does: Removes makeup. What type of demo do you expect them to show? I mean, it's a shopping channel, they have to show how things work in order to make the product desirable. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's just makeup. It would never occur to me to describe it as "gross" or "yuck." I don't find it "gross" at all.....its just makeup removal, folks.

Super Contributor

Sheltered. 

Respected Contributor

I use Purity face cleanser, while it does a good job at cleansing, and is non-irritating to eyes, it does leave my skin dry.  If it's gentle enough on eyes, then why drying to skin?  Guess I'll have to check out ingredients to find out why.