Honored Contributor

Madewell Plaid Sweater

[ Edited ]

I purchased this sweater from Nordstrom: the Madewell Mullen Pullover. I love the color combination, and the diagonal plaid. The 2 choices of pants shown with it on different websites are interesting, but not what l would have chosen. I will wear it with dark wash skinny jeans, and saddle brown booties or tall boots. What would you pair with this sweater?

5A4A92DF-DA86-40F2-B1F9-3846BF0A0BCD.jpeg

3ACC03D8-F5F1-44D0-A97A-B6C091AF1456.jpeg

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor
@Daisy. I think the plaid is navy.
Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

I purchased this sweater from Nordstrom: the Madewell Mullen Pullover. I love the color combination, and the diagonal plaid. The 2 choices of pants shown with it on different websites are interesting, but not what l would have chosen. I will wear it with dark wash skinny jeans, and saddle brown booties or tall boots. What would you pair with this sweater?

5A4A92DF-DA86-40F2-B1F9-3846BF0A0BCD.jpeg

3ACC03D8-F5F1-44D0-A97A-B6C091AF1456.jpeg

I love this sweater. I think your choice to pair with jeans is excellent. 

Honored Contributor

I think this sweater is very pretty and I do like the color combination and style.  I wouldn't wear print pants with it but instead choose a navy or brown pant, even a dark olive would suit me.

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 

What about jeans like these?

Luxe Vintage High Waist Ankle Skinny with Bronze Lurex Stripe in Muse

Honored Contributor

Re: Madewell Plaid Sweater

[ Edited ]

Love the color combination.  I have a Nordstrom's literally across the street from me.  Have never bought anything there--LOL!!  Madewell is their brand, isn't it???

Just checked the website.  Not a bad price ($69) for a merino wool sweater but only available in "medium."   

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Love the color combination.  I have a Nordstrom's literally across the street from me.  Have never bought anything there--LOL!!  Madewell is their brand, isn't it???

Just checked the website.  Not a bad price ($69) for a merino wool sweater but only available in "medium."   

Madewell has their own stores. It is a brand Nordstrom sells. You can go to their site and find store locations. I live in Colorado and they have one in Boulder.

Honored Contributor

Re: Madewell Plaid Sweater

[ Edited ]

@kaydee50 wrote:

@kaydee50 : l paid about $15 less for it at Nordstrom, but it was more than a week ago, and they were price-matching the Madewell site’s sale at that time. It isn’t an exclusive to Nordstrom brand. They also had more sizes then.

I just checked the Madewell site, and they have every size EXCEPT medium, lol. And they have it marked down to $69.99, then take 30% off, and another 10% off, using their online code. If my math is correct, that would take it to under $45— a great price, if you’re interested.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I like the color combination, but the plaid is too big. Also looks too short for me.