Honored Contributor

Re: Madewell Pansy Print Blouse

I prefer more abstract florals. I like the second color best, but I don’t like the elastic around the waist. It also looks too short. 

Respected Contributor

Love the pansy print. Joan Rivers used to have some blouses in one.

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

I prefer more abstract florals. I like the second color best, but I don’t like the elastic around the waist. It also looks too short. 

@wilma 

The elastic would be a deal-breaker for me but I didn't even notice it! I find it limiting and I hate the way it feels

Honored Contributor

I love pansies, but this is just too busy for me..

Esteemed Contributor

To me, the colors of these blouses are ugly.  I like pansy flowers and I might like these prints if they were in lighter shades of yellows and purples -- spring colors.  I like the style of the blouses.  Even the slight elastic waistband.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

The model could use a little makeup and a hairbrush. Looks like she just rolled out of bed.

My first impression was, "How Refreshing! An unretouched ad"!  Completely natural.  I've worked for years in the photo industry and can recognize retouching from a mile away.

It's funny how we all complain about Photoshop, Facetuning, etc. Then, when an unretouched photo ad come along, it's criticized.

I say, Bravo, Madewell!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Sheilaray 

I understand what your saying about not retouching, but I don’t see what that has to do with brushing the model’s hair and putting some lipstick on her. That’s something that would happen when she’s being styled for the shoot. 

Personally, I was focused on the blouse and didn’t notice the model until @San Antonio Gal mentioned her. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

@shoesnbags , Exactly. You focused on the blouse, not a perfect model. 

She looks like an office coworker, a friend you are brunching with....  We all have flyaways in our hair. She has beautiful skin and eyes. Great great lip structure. What more does she need except a beautiful blouse to capture our attention... 

I think she looks fantastic.

Honored Contributor

Love pansies, but the color choices aren't great. I like the second (open neck one) better than the first.