Respected Contributor

Re: Made me laugh

[ Edited ]

I have to buy high end sunglasses..... there IS a difference if a person has eye issues. Take the 5th. Wish I could remove this entire thing

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Super Contributor

Years ago I bought cheap sunglasses. Now that I have to wear prescription ones, they are so expensive! They are over 300 to 400 dollars. I need new ones but right now just cannot pay that so Im wearing the ones from several years ago. Soon I do need to get ones with my new prescription though.

Valued Contributor

@cbrite  You certainly make a point that many of us without those issues would not consider, so thank you for sharing. I only have one pair of expensive sunglasses, a splurge one day at Nordstom. They have outlasted all my cheap ones, and it was a lesson that you get what you pay for.

Esteemed Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

I have to buy high end sunglasses..... there IS a difference if a person has eye issues. If I don't have a very good pair I cannot see. So yes, I have light blue eyes/dry eye disease and need a quality pair w/ very dark lenses and good fit. Gucci has premium as does Armani and others. It's not a laughing matter actually. Yes, shopping around I may find lower prices. A handbag does not save a life..... so laugh all you want. Blind is not cool.

@cbrite Hi. My point of the handbag reference was to illustrate how tired I am of others questioning how others choose to spend their money, certainly didn't mean compare the two.

Your post clearly shows that we buy our items for different reasons that others don't need to know about and shouldn't question. I need new glasses and sunglasses and as I wear perscription glasses they cost a fortune.I also have blue eyes and have never worn cheap sunglasses, and the darker the better. Take care of yourself and I wish you well.

Honored Contributor

Re: Made me laugh

[ Edited ]

When I was working, I splurged on Gucci 18K gold plated aviators.  There's a huge difference in the quality not only the frames, also the lens.  Still in like new condition.  

Used, they are selling for what I paid for them then.  So, it was a good investment.