Respected Contributor

What I won't buy is food made by Chinese owned companies. I always check to see who owns the company before I buy. It doesn't matter where I am shopping.

Re:no more Made in China please!

I completely agree with those here who are making a stand for American made products.

Please, please if you are not going to go al- in on American made, at least be up front with where the things are made so that we can make educated choices.

thanks, 

Honored Contributor

I remember several years ago, (after I said I refused to buy Chinese made and only buy American made jeans that cost triple) One person mocked me said that wasn't important and didn't mean anything now..  What a difference less then 2 years years later means. 

Honored Contributor

@patbz 

You hit it on the head, I just started reading and said to myself is the OP afraid that items carry the virus or that china covered up the virus or what

@patbz wrote:

Wow!  This thread "feels" like xenophobia.  This is by design and is disinformation from the top!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Frequent Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Wow!  This thread "feels" like xenophobia.  This is by design and is disinformation from the top!

Really.  I disagree with you TOTALLY ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Honored Contributor

A current issue - is cotton imports from "China's western region of Xinjiang"

because of forced labor.

There are some recent news articles.

Esteemed Contributor

@SarahW wrote:

I have NO fear of the virus on any Chinese-made things.   I'm just sick and tired of EVERYTHING coming from China.   I hope at the very least this pandemic has opened people's eyes about the grip China has on supply streams, and how we need to get manufacturing back to the USA.   I'll be paying close attention to where things are made in the future and trying to avoid chinese goods when possible. 

We need everything to be made in America ---- so Americans can have jobs - and produce quality products like they did in the past. China has made so much money off us -- selling us their toxic products, ie, dog food, drywall installed in homes, toxic toothpaste, etc. 

I am wondering what QVC's stance is on the atrocities going on in China, in particular the Uighurs. By continuing to purchase items that are made in China, I am complicit in accepting this behavior. One way we can speak and let China know we do not accept the abuse of our fellow human beings is to not purchase anything that comes from their country. I've been a long-time customer of QVC, but now have to make a choice between luxuries and doing what's right. I hope QVC will join myself and others in taking a stand by refusing to sell items made in factories in China. This includes garments made in USA but use cotton materials shipped from China.

Honored Contributor

@AnnaBananatoo wrote:

I am wondering what QVC's stance is on the atrocities going on in China, in particular the Uighurs. By continuing to purchase items that are made in China, I am complicit in accepting this behavior. One way we can speak and let China know we do not accept the abuse of our fellow human beings is to not purchase anything that comes from their country. I've been a long-time customer of QVC, but now have to make a choice between luxuries and doing what's right. I hope QVC will join myself and others in taking a stand by refusing to sell items made in factories in China. This includes garments made in USA but use cotton materials shipped from China.

@AnnaBananatoo  If they do that then what will they sell?

Esteemed Contributor

@AnnaBananatoo wrote:

America purchasing ****** from China will only get WORSE!!!!!!!!