Occasional Contributor

There are many things I like too but I am absolutely done buying anything made in China in absolute protest of the flagrant disregard (or worse) for human life and decency. We simply cannot continue to fund this monster! Hey, recycle!!

Trusted Contributor

...and how do you discern what countries are better/safe to buy from? Have you thought about that?

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Occasional Contributor

They absolutely will turn away if we make them realise that we are done supporting that hostile government. When we boycott Chinese goods they will pay more to outsource from Thailand, India, Mexico, who knows,.. maybe even the US can get back into the game.

Occasional Contributor

I don't think that is the point.. it is about supporting China with our $$

Occasional Contributor

For me personally, it is not about safe; it is about not supporting a country that willingly unleasehed/ hid the virus and caused such extreme suffering on the world. Sunny Greece, Lebanon, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Norway, Austria, France ......... all good. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Stefsgirl :  You do realize that almost every country you mentioned is not a big manufacturing exporter?  You could grow your food and weave your own cloth from your own farm animals or you could go back to nature....If you won't buy anything from China.  What about from the Philippines (President Duarte isn't exactly a saint)?

I completely agree with many of these comments. Stop manufacturing your products in China! I will not order from Denim and Co and other designers because many of their products are made in a China! Any other county is fine with me. QVC will lose many shoppers if you don't change something! 

Occasional Contributor

It is not about a virus, but buying products from USA . Quit buying qvc products and fashions made in China!

New Contributor

What are those brands? I've tried to find out by looking at the information on the website but it will say "imported" but from where? Customer service can't find the information either. I take a chance and order then have to return when I get it home and see the label. Frustrating.

Valued Contributor

Re: Made in China?

[ Edited ]

So many new posters on this topic! How exciting for QVC to have all these new customers at a time when many retailers are struggling.

If I may ask, what do you purchase from QVC since you are only willing to buy made in the US?

@patbz  I share your opinion. I'm also a bit startled at how easy it is to change the narrative, if something is just repeated often enough.

I can't remember which poster mentioned it on this thread but I also concur that unless you are wanting to truly live off the grid you are going to have many, many things in your home that originate from China.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon