Honored Contributor

@millieshops 

I know it's not perfect but it may ease your mind a bit to know that the businesses that remain open are doing temperature checks on their employees before they get in the door.

The anxiety is really getting to me too!

Honored Contributor

@just wonder wrote:

Guess I need to clarify.  I am not afraid of catching the virus from products made in China.  I don't want to support their government because of the way they hid this horrible virus that has caused thousands of innocent deaths and horrible economic effects in our country, all it is looking more and more likely, due to China's recklessness and coverup.  Therefore, I am doing the very best I can to support and buy American!

@just wonder 

China is not blameless but our own government, federal and state, played a role in keeping this from us. 
The state of Florida, for example, passed legislation in JANUARY, for online notarization?! I don't believe in coincidences.

The only way we're going to get a handle on this is if EVERYONE is tested.

Honored Contributor

This was covered on some news stations in January.  I was aware it was coming and so was my neighbor who is a doctor.

Occasional Contributor

Not buying anything from QVC made in China. Who knows? Maybe they are owned by China.

Valued Contributor

No way will companies leave China.  Maybe more will go to Italy so that you can have the made in Italy tag, but it will still be a from Chinese company. Too much profit to be had.

China is still granting patents to American clothing lines. Note that some tags will say RPC, Imported. 

By the way, there was an article a long while back about conditions in one of the factories that made some items for a large theme park in the US.  The conditions were horrendous. Christian groups were trying to get some of them out. They were locked in and not allowed to leave. I've never looked at those souveneir items the same. They were slippers.

So I would not put the blame on QVC's shoulders. It's everywhere. And no matter what the rhetoric is, we live in a global society. As long as there is a profit to be made, nothing is going to change.

Before the pandemic, I saw many over fifty youtubers modeling a bunch of fast fashion clothing. It is everywhere. And it all comes directly from China. So you can have a walk in closet, busting at the seams, filled with fast fashion, with nothing to wear. Or you can create a capsule wardrobe with classic style clothing, made in the USA. Or a bit of both.

I think some of the styles in the last ten years or so don't suit me anyway, so I stay with the classics. 

Occasional Contributor

Re: Made in China?

[ Edited ]

I'm not afraid of getting a virus from Chinese imports (maybe I should be?) but I am agressively striving to absolutely minimize any financial support for that regime after the recent events. I regret that I did not take the matter more seriously a decade ago. At this point putting our moneywhere our mouth is is extrememly important. There are legislators out there working to require retailers (like Q) to disclose the country of origin - not to hide behind a mask of "imported"... let us make our own decisions. Clearly made in France or Italy does not have the same negative association as China... 

Occasional Contributor

Amen! I will no longer knowingly support that regime. It will be difficult but I don't care. Their cavalier (at best) attitude toward the recent pandemic opened my eyes to the evil.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

American or French or Italian or .... just not Chinese!!!

Occasional Contributor

I wish I had had my eyes open years ago - I see very clearly now. I HOPE the online retailers are seeing how we feel and can respect it before it is legislated.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Me too! I've been asking for them to clarify - "imported" must be code for China! If it is India or Pakistan or Italy or France,... ok... JUST NOT CHINA!