Contributor

I've been asking QVC about this for several days.  WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?  I want to buy AMERICAN.  Especially with the ravaged American businesses due to the Wuhan virus, we need to support businesses in the United States.  Why doesn't QVC place an asterisk, or button, ANYTHING, to say "Made in the U.S.A.?"  I'm not ordering until then.  If I like something enough, MAYBE I'll buy from Nepal, or India, or anything from Europe, actually.  Just NOT from CHINA.  And the word "imported" is not good enough.

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I'm not worried about contracting the virus but why do business with a country that doesn't care about human or animal welfare and safety, not to mention the type of government that citizens have to live under. There is a reason you can't leave. 

@GenXmuse   Yep, you're right, because it is still a communist country/government.  Been there, have seen it.  No matter what kind of a front they put on, they still have their people controlled. 

And as far as the virus is concerned, they could care less about how many of their own people it kills, the government has it's own agenda.

Regular Contributor

Virtually all clothing today is made in China! Look at your labels. Once in awhile SG will tell the audience when something is made in USA and I know QVC is not too happy that she does that.  The USA has long partnered with China for so many things..... the most frigtening now are the medicines and ingredients therein that come from China. Too bad we cannot wear Irish woolens and linens --- St. Pat's Day all those products were indeed made in Ireland. Also check out The Vermont Country Store's latest catalogue --- many items state they are made in USA. Garment industry moved  out of USA due to union costs back in the 90's at least. WE have created our own monster to a great degree.

Esteemed Contributor

Almost everything today is made in China.  I have spent years looking for American-made products, and they are difficult to find.  

I recently wrote to my US Senator asking for him to introduce a bill to label every item that is sold in the US to have where the product is made, not just imported, and not just manufactured for and distributed in.   I have not heard from him yet, but he has not heard the last of me.

The pandemic should be an eye-opener for all.  The Chinese government does not care about their own people, so they certainly do not care about the world population.  84 Lumber only received major press on 60 Minutes and not in the national news.  I do not remember hearing anything on national news regarding how China dammed up the Mekong River so that those in the delta were deprived of water.  Now, we have such lax standards in the Wuhan lab that the world has been affected.  When does it stop?

My rant is over.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
New Contributor

Re: Made in China?

[ Edited ]

"Made in China, stays in China. Be American Buy American" I like this statement!  I feel this way and have two Kim Gravel shirts that I love.  Went in a couple of days ago and looked at the label, made in China.  So unless this changes I will no longer be buying this line.  We have to take responsibility in as many ways as possible, even things that seem small...this is a start.  For me, nothing made in China will be bought.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow!  This thread "feels" like xenophobia.  This is by design and is disinformation from the top!

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I actually stopped buying anything made in China years ago. So I just continue to buy from the brands made here in the good old USA. Heart

The components of your computer are made in China.

We are a global economy anyway.

Trusted Contributor
You can buy a My Pillow. That's all I can think of.
Occasional Contributor

I have been a QVC customer since the beginning.  I can just no longer purchase anything made in China.  Breaks my heart but just can't do it anymore.  China will not win!

Honored Contributor

@just wonder  I doubt that designers will stop using China for making clothes.  The prices are just too low to turn away.  There are so many things made in China you may have a difficult time.  I do not put any blame on the Chinese people.  If anything, condemn the Chinese government and their handling of the COVID 19.

It would be nice to see some clothes manufacturing go to Mexico.  Mexico is such a poor country and it would be nice to give money to the people.

kindness is strength