Valued Contributor

Trying to be real careful and not purchase anything made in China.  Hopefully the various QVC clothing vendors will see this and no longer offer clothes made in China; same for the QVC clothing buyers - please no more made in China!!

Honored Contributor

@just wonderI'm pretty sure I finished buying clothes for the rest of 2020 already -  had been planning a major trip starting next week and had just finished shopping everything except a new suitcase by the last week in February.  Now that I've needed vitually nothing but decency for about 8 weeks, my new wardrobe should work for the rest of the year and then some.

So -  I'm not fearful of contracting a virus from some imports.  I'm more fearful of the virus in my own backyard -  in the warehouses, on the truckers, the stockers, etc.  Some of them certainly might be infected -  and some of them might actually have touched something I might order within the last 2 weeks.  That alone keeps me walking in a straight line away from from almost any kind of shopping!

I do have worries -  but solving the world trade issues in good times is beyond me;  even trying to think of it now is just a non-starter for my brain.

Esteemed Contributor

Go ahead and order.  Pretty sure all the viruses die on the way to your house 😂

Trusted Contributor

I have NO fear of the virus on any Chinese-made things.   I'm just sick and tired of EVERYTHING coming from China.   I hope at the very least this pandemic has opened people's eyes about the grip China has on supply streams, and how we need to get manufacturing back to the USA.   I'll be paying close attention to where things are made in the future and trying to avoid chinese goods when possible. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not worried about contracting the virus but why do business with a country that doesn't care about human or animal welfare and safety, not to mention the type of government that citizens have to live under. There is a reason you can't leave. 

Valued Contributor

Guess I need to clarify.  I am not afraid of catching the virus from products made in China.  I don't want to support their government because of the way they hid this horrible virus that has caused thousands of innocent deaths and horrible economic effects in our country, all it is looking more and more likely, due to China's recklessness and coverup.  Therefore, I am doing the very best I can to support and buy American!

Frequent Contributor

Just read this statement on another thread:

Made in China, stays in China. Be American Buy American

Esteemed Contributor

There is no problem with made in China, to me the issue is: We should make our own medicines and  security systems and that means no other country should be making these things for us.  Our country can't flip a switch and bring all manufacturing back home (if we wanted to do that it would take many years) and locally made goods will cost multiples of what we are used to paying.

Esteemed Contributor

@just wonder wrote:

Guess I need to clarify.  I am not afraid of catching the virus from products made in China.  I don't want to support their government because of the way they hid this horrible virus that has caused thousands of innocent deaths and horrible economic effects in our country, all it is looking more and more likely, due to China's recklessness and coverup.  Therefore, I am doing the very best I can to support and buy American!

@just wonder  .... I agree with you ..... I have always tried not to buy anything from China & now I try even harder ... I want them to suffer for what they have done to the world.... I want Karma to hit them really hard!!!

Honored Contributor

I actually stopped buying anything made in China years ago. So I just continue to buy from the brands made here in the good old USA. Heart

"Pure Michigan"