Honored Contributor

LOVE Macys!!!!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

I love Macy's too and order online from them frequently.  My last purchase was a Pyrex 3 quart oval bowl with lid for $9.00 and free shipping! My mom would take me to their flagship store on 34th St. when I was a child.  

Agree with others about their fast shipping.  I hope they are around for a long time!

Honored Contributor

INC and Free People are 2 brands I like at Macys'.  I also like the Patricia Nash bags and a lot of Macy's shoes.  Macy's is one of my favorite retailers.  I hope Macy's never goes out of business, but I do know brick and mortar are hurting terribly due to online shopping.  

I bought a $148 Free People jacket for $75 last week--online.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I've said this before...my closest Macy's in SW Michigan is a dump. It's dark, dingy, merchandise isn't well organized and the sales associates are rude. A request for assistance in finding something usually results in a response along the lines of "if we have it, it's out". Local management must not give a rip about their performance. I thought the same thing about the (now closed) store in the mall in Bradenton. 

Then I visited a much newer store at a newer mall in Sarasota. Wow! What a difference. Clean, bright, well stocked. Sales associates that actually seemed to be interested in helping and a great selection of merchandise.

I was even more impressed when I visited the flagship store at Herald Square in New York. I had planned to be there for an hour and ended up spending most of the day (and quite a bit of money) there. 

It most definitely makes a difference which location you shop at! 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

@FrostyBabe1   Just a suggestion.  Think about writing the general manager and the next level of management about your shopping experience at the Macys in your area that is subpar. Tell them how nice the Macys you visited was and hope they can turn your store around .Good luck.