Honored Contributor

Love Macy's!  Today I spent less than $70 and got a bathrobe, 2 tops and 6 pairs of Gold Toe socks.  Free shipping, less sales tax.  I'm a happy camper.  They know how to market their products.

Honored Contributor

They have great sales, I'll bet you had fun !!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Totally agree. I get most of my things from Macys . I wait for sales, shop online, and try to wait for the free shipping deal. I can return to the local store. They have nice things and have good sales. I do not have much succes with ordering clothing from Q, but macys things most of the time fit just fine. 

Valued Contributor

I enjoy shopping at Macys.  I am worried it will go under like Sears and other big box stores because of online shopping .  Sears was the anchor store at our large mall and Macys is the other anchor store. 

Honored Contributor

Just received a Macy’s order in the mail today. Placed my order Thursday! Super fast shipping. Refreshed basic solid scoop neck tees for spring and summer. Great basics at a great price. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

Just received a Macy’s order in the mail today. Placed my order Thursday! Super fast shipping. Refreshed basic solid scoop neck tees for spring and summer. Great basics at a great price. 

That's the other thing about Macy's, fast shipping.  One of my orders that I placed this morning has already shipped.  Plus I can return to the local store.  Amazon, BedBath&Beyond also ship fast to me.  Not so with QVC.

Trusted Contributor

I don't like Macy's at all and it has nothing to do with Macy's. 

This sounds crazy, but here's why: I miss Marshall Fields very much.

Fields to me was like what Tiffany's was to Holly Golightly.

In the Chicagoland area Macy's bought Fields and inhabits their former stores.

Whenever I walk into one of these stores, especially the State Street store, I have so many wonderful family memories that come rushing back, but now it's different. Different as in not Fields. Fields was Christmas.

Macy's, I know, is not to blame. A Marshall Fields grandson sold out. It's just business and progress and all, but I still dislike the whole thing. 

The funny part is, my Mom liked Macy's! She wouldn't tell me when she purchased something from Macy's because she knew how I felt. Even my Mom was more progressive than me. 

Yes, I could shop the website, but maybe I just want a nice trip to the store to see and experience a day out. 

Honored Contributor

@Chicagosuburbangirl. I remember Marshall Fields, loved that store.

Honored Contributor

@Chicagosuburbangirl wrote:

I don't like Macy's at all and it has nothing to do with Macy's. 

This sounds crazy, but here's why: I miss Marshall Fields very much.

Fields to me was like what Tiffany's was to Holly Golightly.

In the Chicagoland area Macy's bought Fields and inhabits their former stores.

Whenever I walk into one of these stores, especially the State Street store, I have so many wonderful family memories that come rushing back, but now it's different. Different as in not Fields. Fields was Christmas.

Macy's, I know, is not to blame. A Marshall Fields grandson sold out. It's just business and progress and all, but I still dislike the whole thing. 

The funny part is, my Mom liked Macy's! She wouldn't tell me when she purchased something from Macy's because she knew how I felt. Even my Mom was more progressive than me. 

Yes, I could shop the website, but maybe I just want a nice trip to the store to see and experience a day out. 

I'm not originally from Chicago although I live here now.  I too liked Marshall Field's.  But IMO if anyone had to buy it I'm glad it was Macy's!  I also miss Carson Pirire Scott.  Enjoyed shopping both those stores.

Trusted Contributor

plus to through Retailmenot and it's usually $10 cash back when you spend $50.  Also just have any beauty item with your purchase and get free shipping if you are under the free shipping amount.