Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Macy's Credit Card...Now Yrly Fee

Peaches McPhee wrote:

I personally hate all these shopping "complications".   Bonus dollars, coupons, Plenti card, rewards programs, now charity programs. 

I admit I participate in some due to obtaining cost savings, but hate it!

@Peaches McPhee

it is a pain sometimes, but i filled up my tank yesterday at exxon and got $14 off of my purchase because of my plenti points.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45, glad to hear Plenti is working for you.  I have a card - for use at Rite Aid - but won't register it online because they need to know your birthdate.  With so many data breaches, and Plenti information being shared across so many companies, I just didn't feel comfortable.  That's okay, I can still use it to get sale prices at Rite Aid; I just don't collect the points.

Trusted Contributor

There's NO yearly fee for a regular Macy's credit card.

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

I personally hate all these shopping "complications".   Bonus dollars, coupons, Plenti card, rewards programs, now charity programs. 

I admit I participate in some due to obtaining cost savings, but hate it!

I'd rather save money and use rewards programs and coupons.  I shop at Macys due to that and, of course, some of the merchandise.  I use coupons regularly wherever I can.

My sister is like you though.  She hates coupons.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"