Respected Contributor

Re: Macy's Credit Card...Now Yrly Fee

@millieshops

Totally agree with you on today's Chico's, esp. With the last sell off to the current owners who have changed the policy on using coupons on sale merchandise.  Now there's the possibility of another takeover.  Couple this unsettling trend with lower quality material and who knows where it'll go.  We used to have Coldwater Creek a few doors down from Chico's but there gone now.

Too, at the Tannersville Outlet in the PA Poconos both stores are now gone.  Well, I probably have enough stuff to last the rest of my life !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

There is no annual fee for a Macy's credit card account.

Macy's does have an optional Rewards Program. If you enroll in that, you get extra benefits - and the rewards program has a $24 enrollment fee. But you have to opt in to participate. I never have. 

https://www.creditcardinsider.com/credit-cards/american-express/macys-american-express/

I think if you have questions, OP, you could call the phone number on the card or the letter to discuss.

I love my Macy's card. I get great sale prices on brands I like. I never pay interest (by paying my bill in full each month) and I never have an annual fee.

Respected Contributor

@peachesncream wrote:

There is no annual fee for a Macy's credit card account.

Macy's does have an optional Rewards Program. If you enroll in that, you get extra benefits - and the rewards program has a $24 enrollment fee. But you have to opt in to participate. I never have. 

https://www.creditcardinsider.com/credit-cards/american-express/macys-american-express/

I think if you have questions, OP, you could call the phone number on the card or the letter to discuss.

I love my Macy's card. I get great sale prices on brands I like. I never pay interest (by paying my bill in full each month) and I never have an annual fee.

I agree.  I love Macy's.  It's my favorite store. Always great deals there (unlike QVC lol)

Respected Contributor

i hope they don't send a new one to me.  i am so done with Macy's. i always pay my bill in full but one time i returned two items and was charged interest even though i returned it before the due date. they charge daily interest on the balance of purchases.  and they would not change a battery on a watch that i had purchased  and it was within 5 months. 

Valued Contributor

I no longer shop at Macy's as they have let "political correctness" get in their way. I shredded my card with them. 

Honored Contributor

@jlkzWe're both Pennsylvania girls - maybe that's why we think alike. 

I grew up west of you, but in recvent years I had friends who lived close enough to Tannersville so that I sometimes shopped there even though I now live on Long Island.

Respected Contributor

How did you get the "@jlkz" to appear? I've been trying unsuccessfully.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I shop at Macys often.  I love Macys.    I like some INC and buy my HUE pj separates there.  I often find great deals on Vince Camuto shoes and boots.

I don't enroll in Thanks for Sharing and pay no fee for their CC.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I personally hate all these shopping "complications".   Bonus dollars, coupons, Plenti card, rewards programs, now charity programs. 

I admit I participate in some due to obtaining cost savings, but hate it!

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@jlkz

At any point in your reply, hit the @ key and a list of everyone in the conversation will pop up.  Just click on any of the names you want to show up in your post.  That's it! Woman Wink

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett