Contributor
I could cry. I washed my three tunics inside out, in cold water on delicate with woolite. When I took them out of machine I could tell they looked smaller and felt so stiff. I put them on hangers to dry, hoping I was wrong. They looked like the "pebbles" puffed up and got close together. After they were dry the fabric was a little softer, but nothing like before. Certainly not drapey. I have steamed them and pressed them inside out on low setting. They are softer, but not like before. Shrinkage is about 1/2 to 3/4 inch in length and width. Of course, all three SMALLS fit differently to begin with .... The navy and black ones were a little smaller than the brown one. The minute I took them out of the washing machine I looked at settings to make sure I had set it on cold....and I did. I would certainly advise anyone to dry clean all pebble crepe. This is such a mystery to me because I thought the newer RAYON blends did not shrink like the rayon of years ago. I have washed my WK sweaters with no speakable problem. The knit does become closer together after washing, but it "grows" back out when you wear it. I apologize for the small font-----I know it is difficult to read, but I'm using an IPAD.