Honored Contributor

This is the saddest thing---I live about 15 minutes away from this store. Went there Saturday,  only to see tons of closing banners hung everywhere and the store is  in disarray and tons of people acsending like vultures-----I know that is pretty dramatic--but Macys is my go to store as it is so close-------there are others around here but not as convienent. I know I can still shop online but just will miss this store. Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

Re: MY LOCAL MACYS IS CLOSING

We still have one left but in the past months it has changed and not for the better IMO.

I’m ok as long as Dillard’s is around.

I prefer to try things on plus it gives retirees a place to go walk and then shop.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl  SO sorry for you!  Ours is still open as of now.  But our Dillards looks like a junk shop.  What a mess that store is.  It's a shame.

Honored Contributor

My guess is that your Macy's is closing but there are bigger and better Macy's close by.  You just have to drive a little further.  That's what happened here several years ago, a couple of smaller Macy's closed and my friends and I discovered the bigger ones.  So much more merchandise!  And now I shop Macy's.com although I do like to go to Macy's at least once during the holiday season.

Trusted Contributor

Macy’s has always been one of my favorite retail stores, but they are closed everywhere around me.  I made a one hour drive to one fairly near me but was disappointed when I went in.  It just wasn’t the same.  It was unorganized and the products looked outdated.  Looks like they are ready to close as well.   Sad.  

Honored Contributor

Oh no!  Don't want to hear that about Macy's.  Fortunately, I have the former Marshall Field's here in downtown Chicago (I do miss MF) and they have consolidated some of their floors.  However, IMO it's just a matter of time before b&m stores either disappear completely or become much smaller versions of themselves.  Too bad!

Honored Contributor

The Macy's in the mall about an hour from me looks bad as well.   It is also my go to store.  Fingers crossed that it does not close.

Honored Contributor

Sign of the times. Afraid more stores will close. The landscape of America has changed when speaking of retail business. Thankfully, I grew up in a time where such giants were part of my family's life and mine. 

Respected Contributor

That is so sad. I hope you find some replacement stores where you can shop.

I like to shop online - if there's a store nearby where I can make returns. Mailing clothes back is a big hassle and expense. 

I'm lucky to have two Macy's stores nearby. I'm not too optimistic about the future, though.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our closest Macy's closed several years ago, and they are turning it into a Hobby Lobby.  It's been a work in progress for a long time; ought to be finished by now... The other Albuquerque Macy's is too far.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment