Respected Contributor

Re: MY AS IS that I just opened

that's too bad this happened to you, but i would call customer service also.  make them aware of what happened here and get the return mailing label.  hopefully you'll get an apology as well. 

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I know we take chances when we buy AS IS items.  This being said, I'll share what I just experienced with my order that I just opened.

Susan Graver As Is #252645 for the bargain price of $35.42 - long sleeved peachskin (big) shirt

Couldn't wait to get this one, I really like SG big shirts.  I ordered xs in the light beigy stone color.  I opened my package this morning.  What did I find?  If I didn't know it's a blouse/shirt, I would have wondered what the infamous RETURN ROBOT stuffed in a plastic bag and have the audacity to actually send this out to someone else.

SO wrinkled, I am SURE the previous purchaser SLEPT in this one.  And apparently this owner HAD TO MAKE a very quick retreat out of this shirt because the button right at the chest because it was LITERALLY RIPPED RIGHT OFF OF THE SHIRT!!!  Strings attached, ripped right off.

The rest of the button were not even buttoned up. 

And they had the nerve to charge me $35.42 for this piece of FABRIC.  If I had Susan Graver's address, I'd send this to her so she could see what the previous purchaser did to this shirt.  Had the nerve to send it back for a refund. The RETURN ROBOT toss it into another plastice bag and then HAD MORE NERVE TO SEND IT TO ME!!!!!!!

Again, yes I am the first to say I realize we take a chance with AS IS items, but this one HAS GONE BEYOND THE LIMIT OF RE-SENDING RETURNED ITEMS.

I sincerely hope the Moderator on duty right now reads this and takes this post to the QVC Return Dept.  ANd please do not tell me to email qvcsocialteam@qvc.com.  I have attempted to pull up these folks but cannot for the life of me figure out just how to contact this 'social team'.  

While I can appreciate the problems with this item, I wouldn't buy an online "as is" under any circumstances.  Less than perfect must always be carefully examined before purchasing, IMO.

Respected Contributor

i don't know why anyone would buy "as is" clothing. why doesn't it just get dumped.   the Q has some odd sales practices, like that washable suede barn jacket thing  they had for years. and the RZ roadkill

they really should eat that item and the buyer should not have to go to the trouble and expense to return.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand the point of writing this post to us instead of calling customer service and getting authorized to return the item free of charge.Then put it in the mail and forget about it. QVC does not charge shipping to return defective items - even as is.

Contributor

Well, after reading good reviews about "as is"  jewelry, I chanced it on a diamond ring. It arrived with a good sized stone missing right in the middle of the band. I won't be trying any more "as is."  The thing is, I have received "new" jewelry with broken clasps, scratched and dirty things that were clearly returns, even a designer jewelry item that had that blue-green corrosion on it. I have received my share of new defective items, manufacturing mistakes that nobody caught or cared to. But receiving used items that are no longer new is not ok. I do keep ordering because when it is really new, it is a beautiful piece. I try to get around this by buying new arrivals when they catch my eye, because then no one has had a chance to return them. But even a clearance or lunchtime special should not be less than new condition.   

Valued Contributor

Last week, like your SG "AS IS", I received a Bob Mackie sweater that WAS NOT an "AS IS" and it looked like it had been worn and slept in. The sleeves were very stretched.  Too much trouble to return.  Have been doing a lot of that recently!!!!!

I have a commercial type steamer and I had a very hard time getting the wrinkles out.

It seems that the Q Quality Control forces are not paying attention.

Honored Contributor

I find the most appalling part of this story to be the price of an AS IS item??!

That's about my limit, for online shopping/fabric unfelt, with all the guarantees etc..

Respected Contributor

Well, you took a chance and now you know better.  Avoid those "as is" items.  I don't know why people buy them, QVC only takes a small amount off the original price.  To me,it's just not worth the risk. 

Honored Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

i don't know why anyone would buy "as is" clothing. why doesn't it just get dumped.   the Q has some odd sales practices, like that washable suede barn jacket thing  they had for years. and the RZ roadkill

they really should eat that item and the buyer should not have to go to the trouble and expense to return.

Knock on wood but I"ve had extremely great luck with my As Is items.  So far, all have appeared new!  And I've gotten them a lot cheaper than the QVC regular prices for them.

The've all been pristine and I wouldn't have even known they were As Is except for the little As Is paper that was enclosed with them.  Most recent were a pair of LOGO leggings (well called pants but they were leggins) that looked like they were right from the maufacturer. Of course I wash the things as soon as I get them - who knows who has tried them on - or possibly worn them but none have appear to have been worn at all, although probably tried on.  I've been very happy with my As Is pruchases and wouldn't hesitate to buy more.

Honored Contributor

I have had great success buying jewelry and purses from as is , however, I would not buy clothing.