Honored Contributor

Re: MY AS IS that I just opened

I buy clothing ALL THE TIME from as-is and I've never had a problem.  Not one.  I've never received anything that's been a wrinkled mess, smelling of perfume, dirty, obviously worn, etc.  That's not to say it doesn't happen because I totally believe the OP.  It's just not happened to me.

I have purchased 2 handbags from as-is and some jewelry.  Both handbags were returned because they looked like I received ones that had been thrown around the set. They were all scratched up and one had leather gouged out of it. 

The jewelry I've rec'd has been fine except for 1 watch which was very obviously worn. 

Some of the prices of as-is items are crazy.  They aren't much cheaper at all than the original price.  If I'm not going to save more than a couple of bucks, I don't bother.

But all as-is items have the exact same money back guarantee and when I rec'd the items that were damaged/defective, QVC refunded every penny of my money including return shipping.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

But all as-is items have the exact same money back guarantee and when I rec'd the items that were damaged/defective, QVC refunded every penny of my money including return shipping.  

Exactly. I really don't understand the "I don't want to bother" mentality.  You just drop it at the P.O. or hand it to the mail carrier.  No big deal.  And yes, QVC will return all your money that you paid if the item comes in really poor condition (an obvious oversight at the warehouse - it shouldn't have been resent out as an As IS). 

Honored Contributor

I agree with the OP.  I've never bought anything 'as is'.  However, I agree with you.

Next time something like that happens, call Customer Service and tell them how bad it is.  They have always helped me.  You don't have anything to lose.

Respected Contributor

I've never had a problem with "as is" items.  You should be talking to Customer Service not other customers.  I'm sure they will make it right.  Stuff happens.

Super Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD. Sorry this happened to you. I have not tried As Is yet.  I was thinking about this topic when I saw all the food that was being consumed by models and hosts while wearing QVC clothes this morning during Fashionably Early.  

Respected Contributor

I am happy to hear that others have had good luck with "As Is" shopping! My only forays into that world has been with handbags. Dismal experience for me, I ended up sending the bags back! I will continue trying in hopes of getting a score with a great bag!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I've bought a ton of things from the "As Is" section over the years and had no problem at all.  I've bought clothing, jewelry and handbags.  I think for clothing, the thing to look out for is how much of an item they have available - if there's a nice range of colors and sizes, it probably means they're just clearing out stock.

However, the guarantee is still the same.  Just because they say "as is", that doesn't mean that receiving a ring with a stone missing or a bracelet with a broken clasp doesn't count as defective.

I think before a customer swears off QVC or "As Is" the first thing to do is talk to CS.  I've always found them to be very understanding and helpful.  JMO.

Respected Contributor

I just received an as is handbag today. Perfect condition, paper still on the hardware/zippers, plastic over the brand name intact. I'm thrilled as it was a great price!  

Esteemed Contributor

They should refund your money and shipping on this one.

And because it is burned into my memory, I will tell you my sad story....I ordered a NEW shirt from qvc and got a smelly worn shirt with a nice hole in it.  Yeah, that was so gross I can't forget it.  I almost said a permanent goodbye to qvc right there.  It only happened once but once is enough.  I wonder how this got by anyone cause it smelled like the worst case of body odor you can imagine.