Honored Contributor

MOST "SPENDY" CLOTHING ITEMS

So, which clothing/accessorie items are you willing to spend a little more money on?

For me, it's shoes, bags and bras/panties. I can "cheat" with less expensive tops and pants.

Honored Contributor

Re: MOST "SPENDY" CLOTHING ITEMS

@Shanus wrote:

So, which clothing/accessorie items are you willing to spend a little more money on?

For me, it's shoes, bags and bras/panties. I can "cheat" with less expensive tops and pants.

@Shanus , Not to be a copycat, but I feel the same. My mom always told me to never skimp on bags and shoes, and I truly believe this . 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Shanus   Definitely shoes and bras -  too many issues to go cheap there.  My other splurge which I consider an accessory would be my eyeglass frames. Glasses are on my face before I walk outside the door even if it's just to the terrace.  

And right now I am off to what is a huge splurge -  a monthly visit for color, cut, and blowout - again, all the expensive clothes in the world don't hide bad hair.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops   LOL. A bad haircut, etc. is definitely a bad accessory!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since I'm no longer working, I agree...shoes and handbags and I would add blazers or jackets and coats.  Good bras are a must.  

Cheating though, can mean a decent quality t-shirt from Walmart or even QVC, but generally, I try not to cheat too much because quality isn't there.  

Honored Contributor

I have a "thing" for handmade Western riding boots........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Shanus  Eyeglasses since I need them for vision, except for reading,  so I wear them during all my waking hours.  I can read print much tinier than classified without aid.

I will pay more for winter coats, rain coats, blazers and women's suits,  well constructed slacks, especially wool or other good fabric when I can find them--I'm a J. Peterman kind of gal--and shoes (since I have a very narrow width)  and handbags.

I will pay more for a certain type of blouse--I have lots of classic white shirts.

Of course, I love  to purchase at the best price point possible but

quality workmanship is what I prefer and that comes at a price.

I also shop vintage clothing and it is amazing to compare the quality of clothing from the 1970's, say, to a comparable woman's coat, for instance,  today.

Of course I do have some "disposable" cheaper clothes but those are fewer and for fun. 

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

Definitely underwear, shoes and  well fitting jeans.  Then again if I see a clothing item I really like I will spend a little more on it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Well, my nic says it all - shoes and bags are what I'm willing to spend my $ on.  I had a great-aunt who was the most fashionable woman I've ever known, and that was her advice. 

Interestingly, the item that I've never had to spend much on is jeans.  I've always been able to get a great fit in less pricey jeans, so I would just be spending more for the name.  Not gonna do it.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Shoes mostly

Cant seem to wear really cheap bras

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller