Esteemed Contributor

Re: MOST "SPENDY" CLOTHING ITEMS

[ Edited ]

Bathing suits.  I get them from Lands' End. When they are on sale, they are not that expensive, so that is not too much of a spurge.

Unlike some others of you, I won't/don/t spend a lot of money on shoes or purses.  A Dooney and Burke for $300?  Heck no, that is insane to me.  But to each our own!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Since my life has been spent on my feet, and I run all day i need a comfortable shoe that I will add a metatarsal support to.

I will buy a good piece of clothing that will last and last rather than buy less expensive that may not work on many levels as well and have to constantly replace because it didn't last.

Esteemed Contributor

I would have to say, wallets and handbags, comfortable shoes, beautiful silver jewelry.  Oh - and Oakley sunglasses.  And yes, eyeglass frames and lenses.  Just got a new pair and they are so comfortable and (I think) stylish.

I just pulled out an older Lodis bag that I hadn't used in ages and a gorgeous framed patent Lodis wallet, and I have to say I am enjoying them.  Classic, well-crafted simplicity and worth the hundreds I spent on them.

I am also wearing an American West signet style ring with a depiction of Mother Earth carved on top and I love it.  This, however, was a lunchtime special and was an amazingly good deal!

I rarely wear bras - more often a compression tank with shelf bra.  I was never envious of my larger bosomed sisters.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

I don't spend too much on anything really.  Well, except for jewelry and athletic shoes!😊

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I would have to say, wallets and handbags, comfortable shoes, beautiful silver jewelry.  Oh - and Oakley sunglasses.  And yes, eyeglass frames and lenses.  Just got a new pair and they are so comfortable and (I think) stylish.

I just pulled out an older Lodis bag that I hadn't used in ages and a gorgeous framed patent Lodis wallet, and I have to say I am enjoying them.  Classic, well-crafted simplicity and worth the hundreds I spent on them.

I am also wearing an American West signet style ring with a depiction of Mother Earth carved on top and I love it.  This, however, was a lunchtime special and was an amazingly good deal!

I rarely wear bras - more often a compression tank with shelf bra.  I was never envious of my larger bosomed sisters.

@Sweetbay magnolia 

I was - in my younger years.  Not anymore, because my A cups have held up so much better than a larger bosom.  No sag, no drag lol.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

When I was working, it was clothes and shoes. Now that I'm retired, it's shoes. When my feet hurt, everything hurts. 

Honored Contributor

I'm willing to spend on jeans and shoes because I wear them more frequently than tops and blouses. I will also splurge on watches!

Honored Contributor

Shoes and bras for me. In the winter it's coats!...I go nuts.

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Shoes and bras for me. In the winter it's coats!...I go nuts.

Same here. For bras regular stores don't carry my size, Nordstroms might have one or two in stock on a lucky day.

Esteemed Contributor

Footwear, bags, jackets & coats, underwear & nightgowns, and several pairs of glasses in various colors/tones to go with my wardrobe. My clothing is made of natural fibers only and prefer classic styles.    

Money screams; wealth whispers.