Respected Contributor

Re: MAYBE QVC SHOULD CHANGE THEIR NAME TO THE DOONEY & BOURKE

They wouldnt have it on so often if there wasn't an audience for it..and if nobody wasn't buying.

Super Contributor

On 3/14/2015 tototwo said:

I have to agree -- I'm not a fan of D&B and would never own one. That said, I don't like the dysons, ladders, electronics, gadgets, fashions (if you can call them that!), makeup, or skin care products either. Actually, there isn't anything on QVC that trips my trigger these days. They need something new, but I don't know what that would be.

Exactly what I was going to say......I don't watch much anymore....disappointing!!! {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Super Contributor

The rules should be.....no shows over 1 hour to avoid boredom to consumers that are not interested. And not to show same brand until 7 hrs later. TSV doesn't apply, but do not spend more than 15 min. airing it at a time (Rowenta, Dooney, etc.)
Super Contributor

Jill was selling $328.10 D&B handbags like there were

hotcakes this week-end. I never buy any kind

of handbag from Q! They are too expensive for my taste.

Valued Contributor

On 3/14/2015 Harpa said:

I would never own one, either. They are too heavy, and that's just for one thing. Why ladies lug these heavy bags around is beyond me! And then to have a collection of one of every color? I never look at anyone's bag to be impressed!

Oh, well, this is definitely the Dooney ladies' day! I'm not even going to flip to Q because it will just be D&B, which I am not at all interested in.

I agree. It seems they replaced B. Makowsky day with Donney day. I wouldn't even consider spending that much money on a hard big purse. QVC just saves me money on those days because I don't even watch.

Super Contributor

I have an old Stone Mountain leather purse that I still love and is perfect - not too heavy - just great - those were the days - can't stand those giant bags - trying to avoid ""shoulder surgery"" seriously ladies - you younger gals better think about it - it will happen - with all that is carried and the bag is heavy besides - take it from me - ""shoulder surgery"" is not fun!

Super Contributor

On 3/14/2015 Kachina624 said:
On 3/14/2015 kittymomNC said:

How about the Dooney & Bourke/Judith Ripka channel? They had about 11 hours of JR out of 24 on the other day.

I'm sick of looking at overpriced Judith Ripka junk.

man you aint kidding ,that ripkka garbage is jokable anyone who buys that junk and takes it to a jeweler will be laughed at

its all plated with specs of gems and wayyyyy overpriced and to devote entire days to this is insane

by the way anyone who buys alot of her stuff call me I have a large shiny bridge to sell you

Super Contributor

On 3/14/2015 luvtoshopathome said:
On 3/14/2015 Alsee said: Same thing with Ripka. How much of that stuff do you need to see in one day?
I totally agree but the Ripkanistas are paying those ridiculous $300-$500 prices for SS and diamonique or low end stone jewelry and the Q is making their money. It's all about the money. I loved when Judith said she met a woman and she asked her if she was wearing a JR bracelet, and she said "yes and I'm Judith Ripka" but the woman Had no idea she was JR. What a big sales ploy that was, insinuating that all her jewelry is so recognized. I have a few of her earlier pieces when prices were reasonable and when I wore them if someone asked me about a piece and I told them it was a JR., they would say, who's she, I never heard of her. Happened to me when I was in Nordstroms, so there you go, I guess not everyone knows her or her jewelry like she wants everyone to believe.

again I say Its garbage save your coin ladies