Super Contributor

Re: MARC BOUWER ON CLEARANCE

I loved Marc's designs! I will miss him very much. This is so disappointing!

Esteemed Contributor

From conversations past - apparently QVC TELLS the designers what they can charge for their product - and if that designer is used to using top quality fabrics - he probably looses money working with Q on the Q's terms.

That's why so many of these products are made in China - with cheaper materials. However, the designers do get far more 'exposure' by appearing on TV rather than just a little shop on 5th Avenue.

Your right - a lot of great vendors have come and gone. But alas (sigh) - we still have Susan Graver! LOL

Honored Contributor

On 6/9/2014 fthunt said:

From conversations past - apparently QVC TELLS the designers what they can charge for their product - and if that designer is used to using top quality fabrics - he probably looses money working with Q on the Q's terms.

That's why so many of these products are made in China - with cheaper materials. However, the designers do get far more 'exposure' by appearing on TV rather than just a little shop on 5th Avenue.

Your right - a lot of great vendors have come and gone. But alas (sigh) - we still have Susan Graver! LOL

Wink

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

On 6/9/2014 fthunt said:

yes. i agree. the dwindling of choices on qvc is why i myself now shop less with them. they are changing too much. from the great quality and selection of their older days past.

Trusted Contributor

Marc's designs started out great quality, but continued to decline with cheap polyester and shoddy workmanship. Have to wonder if it was his choice to leave because the Q "limits" these true designers and maybe he didn't want to compromise his name....

Regular Contributor

Too bad, now we're stuck with silky knit, milky knit, polyester tops, elastic waist slacks, and flat comfortable shoes.

Regular Contributor

I have seen several threads with this Marc Bower is leaving-- QVC. I asked customer service they said he is not. I asked why so many clearance-they were not sure, but only said he was not leaving- I checked most but not all items are on clearance-- however there are a few that are not. Also UK QVC has lots of his clothes, three pages worth and very few are on clearance. So is he leaving -- not sure, but don't give up yet, those that really want him to still be offered, and not just spreading rumors that he is gone.