Honored Contributor

Grey has been an issue for me for years.  There ARE many shades of grey. 

A flat charcoal (almost black) is always okay.

Years ago, I was trying to find something grey to wear with a sweater I got (on sale at a price too good to resist).  

I try to stay with a grey with a green/olive undertone.  Blue greys or purple grays look awful on me.

Image result for 50 Different Shades of Grey

Valued Contributor

I guess I’m in the minority here. As I have aged, navy, black and charcoal gray up by my face make me look like I belong in a coffin. Just suck the color right out of my complexion. Of course they are fine on the bottom. Light grayish white makes my whole face come alive.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  No preference for me. I like all shades of gray and have never stopped to consider whether or not it looks good on me. Maybe I should pay more attention in the future.

Honored Contributor

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@Shanus  No preference for me. I like all shades of gray and have never stopped to consider whether or not it looks good on me. Maybe I should pay more attention in the future.

@LuvSoCal   I always wear grey and black near my face, but just make sure I have a brighter lipcolor and more blush.

There are no rules what colors to wear, IMHO. I don't believe in that "seasons" thing either. I enjoy wearing olive green (my eyes are that color), but supposedly it shouldn't look on me. Makeup adjustment is all that's needed.      

Respected Contributor

I like darker gray shades too. Today I'm wearing a marled gray cardigan with a light heathered gray top and dark wash jeans. I prefer darker colored bottoms, I think they're more flattering on me.