Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I love wide waist pants and hope they soon are easier for me to find.  They are great looking on a petite/short body like mine.

i like the ruffles on the pant pocket too.  If I had slim hips, I'd buy them.  Unfortunally, I don't, so I won't.  I wear classic styles and the pants are classic with a little extra something-something.  

It's the "something something" that turned me off. Lol

Honored Contributor

It's a hard style for most ladies to wear.

Think of it.  How often does a woman say she's

"happy with her hips?????"!!!  

Image result for jessica rabbit image

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

It's a hard style for most ladies to wear.

Think of it.  How often does a woman say she's

"happy with her hips?????"!!!  

Image result for jessica rabbit image

Raising my hand. I am perfectly content with the way my hips look.  Let's not paint all women with such a broad brush

Honored Contributor

Re: MAJOR FASHION DON'T

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I love wide waist pants and hope they soon are easier for me to find.  They are great looking on a petite/short body like mine.

i like the ruffles on the pant pocket too.  If I had slim hips, I'd buy them.  Unfortunally, I don't, so I won't.  I wear classic styles and the pants are classic with a little extra something-something.  

It's the "something something" that turned me off. Lol

LOL... If I didn't have a whole lot of something on my hips already, I'd gladly wear those pants.  I have never had nice slim hips, with a small booty.  If I did, I'd celebrate by bringing attention to them.  

Esteemed Contributor

For me it's a yes, I have very slim hips.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Regular Contributor

@Snoopy Girl wrote:

So glad so many of you don't like Talbots!  I love them and have thoroughly enjoyed the clothing deals during Red Hanger.

Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are some styles there which are truly classic and then there are some which have changed slightly with the times such as lace up crops this spring and the ruffles now.  Have you not noticed the ridiculous ruffles on hosts this week on cold arm (not just shoulder) tops this week?  I certainly would not wear those but I'm not trashing it. 

There is nothing from several brands on Q that I would ever wear even if you paid me - Logo and C. Wonder for me are no way but Halston, Isaac, Linea and some Susan Graver are great.  It's the styles which don't suit my style.

No need to trash anything you don't like. I know Logo would look ridiculous on me and that is why I would never wear it.  But if someone likes it then guess what, there is room for that.  If someone marches to their own drum and likes something we don't like then ok or if someone likes the ruffles then who are we to judge them?  But I guess in this society today, we too often want to put others down.  Just thinking we might want to stay a little more kind to each other.  I probably wouldn't wear the ruffles but it does remind me of a memory and an outfit when I was 10 and would likely make me feel that young again.

(my bold and red)

Um.  You just did. 

Esteemed Contributor

SInce I work at a Talbot's store obviously I love a lot of Talbots clothes but that is not to say that they don't have their fair share of fashion misses.  SOmetimes I just shake my head at some of it.  THey had a dress this past summer that looked just like a house dress my mother used to wear in the 50's.  HOwever one thing I do give them huge kudos for is that they address all sizes of woman.  PEtite, misses, woman's and the hardest size of all to find woman's Petite (my size).  THe fact that they run their fashions in a full range of sizes is one of their best features.  

I also like that we try to offer great customer service.  LIke a item but we don't have your size in the store no problem we can order it and ship it to you for free.  WAnt a item but would like to see what other colors it comes in?  AGain no problem.  We can use our new "COncierge" tablet application and pull up a list of all the colors and again order it for you.  I really do not know of any other store that gives that sort of service.  STepping down from my soapbox now.

Respected Contributor

For the very thin: a cute look.

Honored Contributor

We have an embarrassment of riches in our country.  

Tons of stores and online choices.  Different designers, different styles, different price points, different fabrics, different colors.  Choices abound.

What doesn't work for one person, will work for another person.  And sometimes, with any line, there's a "what were they thinking" clunker and no one likes it, LOL.

Most of my clothes come from Talbots.  I don't love the pants shown in the original post and wouldn't seek them out to try on, but they're really not so bad in my opinion.  The ruffle is very small.  I don't think it's a major fashion don't.  I've seen much, much, much worse.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I saw these pants in the catalogue I recently received. For my shape they were an immediate and definite "no". I do not want or need ruffles on my pockets. If others like them that is fine. Thank goodness there are lots of choices out there for all of us. I have only tops and sweaters from Talbots. I have not found good fit in pants there.