Occasional Contributor

So glad so many of you don't like Talbots!  I love them and have thoroughly enjoyed the clothing deals during Red Hanger.

Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are some styles there which are truly classic and then there are some which have changed slightly with the times such as lace up crops this spring and the ruffles now.  Have you not noticed the ridiculous ruffles on hosts this week on cold arm (not just shoulder) tops this week?  I certainly would not wear those but I'm not trashing it. 

There is nothing from several brands on Q that I would ever wear even if you paid me - Logo and C. Wonder for me are no way but Halston, Isaac, Linea and some Susan Graver are great.  It's the styles which don't suit my style.

No need to trash anything you don't like. I know Logo would look ridiculous on me and that is why I would never wear it.  But if someone likes it then guess what, there is room for that.  If someone marches to their own drum and likes something we don't like then ok or if someone likes the ruffles then who are we to judge them?  But I guess in this society today, we too often want to put others down.  Just thinking we might want to stay a little more kind to each other.  I probably wouldn't wear the ruffles but it does remind me of a memory and an outfit when I was 10 and would likely make me feel that young again.

Honored Contributor

Even without the ruffles I think the pants are ugly.  I dont like the wide waistband.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

My hips have their own natural ruffles.....I won't be adding any fabric ones!!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

They may be trying to move away, but those pants are still designed for the same figure that looked good in what they were already selling.

As much as I could see that the fabric Talbot's used was good and that most of their workmanship was good, over all the years I've had to shop for clothes, there aren't a whole lot of popular chains where I've spent less than what I've spent at Talbots.

They used to have a huge presence in the mall 2 minutes from my Florida condo.  They had left for months before I even realized they were gone.  Like those little hip ruffles (which will be cute on the right body), not much in their inventory works for my body type.

My Talbot's has a sign up Closed For Remodeling and underneath something when it re-opens, Talbot's will have a new look. If this is an example, no thank you.

The last time they remodelled they removed the signature red doors and started blaring loud head banging music.

Let's hope they aren't doing something crazy again.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

For years I've been complaining to the manager of our local Talbots about the placement of those pants pockets. They are just not flattering to most women's figures. She told me that she heard those complaints all the time and passed the information up the corporate hierarchy but to no avail. Fortunately they sell other pants styles. Nevertheless, someone is designing clothes that will never fit well for many of us. That's why I buy most of my pants from Chico's. 

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35  The four Talbots near me all have red doors and no music.  YAY.

@Vivian   You hit upon a good point - Talbots has tons of styles of pants.   I've shopped there on and off for years and it wasn't until the past couple of years that I found any of the zillions of styles of their pants that fit me at all.   But their petite curvey style pants fit me like a glove and also are very slimming.  I also like their weekend chino pants which I buy in regular not petite.  It is, though, frustrating to have to try on so many styles of pants before I can find one  -and now two - that fit very well.  But I've only found two in T's many,  many styles.  Those two are real winners for me  though and I am glad I found them.  And the sale prices on them are terrific.

Honored Contributor

@Snoopy Girl wrote:

So glad so many of you don't like Talbots!  I love them and have thoroughly enjoyed the clothing deals during Red Hanger.

Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are some styles there which are truly classic and then there are some which have changed slightly with the times such as lace up crops this spring and the ruffles now.  Have you not noticed the ridiculous ruffles on hosts this week on cold arm (not just shoulder) tops this week?  I certainly would not wear those but I'm not trashing it. 

There is nothing from several brands on Q that I would ever wear even if you paid me - Logo and C. Wonder for me are no way but Halston, Isaac, Linea and some Susan Graver are great.  It's the styles which don't suit my style.

No need to trash anything you don't like. I know Logo would look ridiculous on me and that is why I would never wear it.  But if someone likes it then guess what, there is room for that.  If someone marches to their own drum and likes something we don't like then ok or if someone likes the ruffles then who are we to judge them?  But I guess in this society today, we too often want to put others down.  Just thinking we might want to stay a little more kind to each other.  I probably wouldn't wear the ruffles but it does remind me of a memory and an outfit when I was 10 and would likely make me feel that young again.

@Snoopy Girl  You make excellent points.  I am a LOGO lover and certainly appreciate your views on that line and others, expressed in a respectful way, recognizing that many posters do like that line and others that you don't.  

You will find that some posters here continually put things down and their input is mostly trashing something, while others are much more positive and upbeat.  I liked your post.

Honored Contributor

@Snoopy Girl wrote:

How strange. You claim you put don't judge or put others down. Well good for you. However, what is There is nothing from several brands on Q that I would ever wear even if you paid me - Logo and C. Wonder for me are no way.

People have opinions on this forum. Just because someone dislikes a store you love shopping in is not a personal affront to your taste. It's an opinion and if it is unwelcome here the moderator will remove it.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus, I agree! I don't see that as being flattering to anyone wearing pants!

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

I don't need anything extra there but I know a lot of women who are built very straight up and down with no hips.  These would be fine for them.