Valued Contributor

Reminds me of the tuxedos from Lawrence Welk...wonder if they come in yellow or baby blue? 😂

Regular Contributor

@Quse wrote:

Reminds me of the tuxedos from Lawrence Welk...wonder if they come in yellow or baby blue? 😂

To repeat myself....     Shhhh!   Don't say that too loud, the fashion world might hear you..LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

If it's trending, look to ALL the designers bringing them to the Q in every size.... and like Logo, they'll all be copying it and telling us that it looks good on everyone....  

Oh, how true. It'll be an epidemic of ruffled hip pockets!!! OMG! 

I can just hear it all now, David Dangle... "oh Joan would have loved these".

Honored Contributor

Don't forget SG who began her "career in pants"...always thought that sounded kinda strange. 😜

Honored Contributor

Re: MAJOR FASHION DON'T

[ Edited ]

I would hardly base a conclusion on one garment - about any clothing business.

I shop at Talbot's regularly. There are four near me and I make the rounds.  They do have some things that are trendier and more youthful looking than when I used to shop Talbots with my mother who bought a good percentage of her clothes there. However, there is still plenty - by a large majority - of the tailored, classic Talbots look in the store.

I think the first post is a big jumpt to a conclusion based on not much evidence.  

I suggest going into some Talbots stores and see what's really what.

@gidgetgh@jonbon@KathyPet(who works at a Talbots)     You should read this thread also since you can't tell by the title it's about Talbots.

By the way, Oprah on the cover of the August O Magazine is wearing a classic Talbots gingham blouse -- with no ruffle.

Honored Contributor

Just another example of why I no longer shop there. Preppy and boring fashions. Everything is vanity sizing and if you wear a small size and you are tall, inseams on pants are short. In addition to too many florals, I have not used my talbots charge in over a year...

Honored Contributor

Re: MAJOR FASHION DON'T

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

Just another example of why I no longer shop there. Preppy and boring fashions. Everything is vanity sizing and if you wear a small size and you are tall, inseams on pants are short. In addition to too many florals, I have not used my talbots charge in over a year...

@Trinity11  IMO it's not vanity sizing any more.   Their clothes have gotten smaller than they used to be.  I have to go up a size in T's pants from what I wear in other B&M stores and what I order from QVC.  And while I'm a true medium, I got up to a large in most T's tee shirt type tops (not so much in the blouses).  In LOGO and D&C  I wear medium, in QF tops I wear usually a small and sometimes a medium..

Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

The ruffles on the hips will make anyone's hips look bigger.... won't be doing the ruffled hips.

But I also see emboidered do-dads on the shirt... thought we were sooo over that.  Well, not me, I love it ......

I have long legs, no hips.  Should I wear ruffled pockets ? Don't answer.  I am so old I know the answer to that question.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Trinity11  IMO it's not vanity sizing any more.   Their clothes have gotten smaller than they used to be.  I have to go up a size in T's pants from what I wear in other B&M stores and what I order from QVC.  And while I'm a true medium, I got up to a large in most T's tee shirt type tops (not so much in the blouses).  In LOGO and D&C  I wear medium, in QF tops I wear usually a small and sometimes a medium..

The only time I really did well at Talbots was when the store changed owners and the year that they brought in more trendy clothing and the sizes were smaller. What was surprising was, though, they had longer inseams on their pants. I loved the way that they finally had slimmed down the hips on the pants and their shirts finally fit me in the sleeve length. The voluminous legs in most of their pants were more streamlined. But apparently nobody else liked the change and the store reverted back to the preppy image it had for years.

Talbots does not fit my body type. I do better with Ralph Lauren in one of his brick and mortar stores. His pants always fit me and his T shirts in the summer are just perfect...

Honored Contributor

No.

Image result for big frowny face