Honored Contributor

Has anyone heard of or bought this brand of clothing?  A friend of mine posted about it on FB and it appears to me to be a consultant based business.  They have a website but if you click to shop, there is something that comes up about having a Pop Up Boutique either in your home or online. 

I think some of the clothing is on Amazon and it seems very cheap so I'm wondering about the quality.  

Regular Contributor

Re: Lularoe clothing Anyone?

It is one of those MLM businesses.  This has hit our area hard the last few months and from what I have seen the clothing is cheaply made, i.e. seams coming apart after only 1 or 2 wearings, material stretching out or shrinking. And the patterns to me look hideous on a lot of the items-but to each his own I guess.

Contributor

Warning LuLaRoe is quite addicting. lol.  I started with the Carly dresses. Have 3 now. The style is the same but the fabric is different so you can wear them with boots, sandals or even sneakers.  I'm not a big legging lover but I have 3 pair of them also.  I'm a 2x and not comfortable wearing them in public (yet).  The leggings are great to wear under the Carly dresses (or any dress for that matter).   The Irma top is wonderful and that is real long in the back to cover up stuff.  I now have 2 of those. lol.   Another top is Perfect T.  I think I'd like that better if I went up a size and got a 3x on that one.  I bought that because it matched the leggings I had.

Respected Contributor

I like the Randy tops, but they are not the highest quality of fabric.  I also have a Carly dress and some leggings.  I think they are pricey for the level of quality, but people are crazy about the sales.  It's whoever clicks fastest in their "pop ups" usually done on Facebook, in private groups.

Respected Contributor

Oh my I know someone who's family member sells this..I saw a few of the pieces they were sent, from what I saw very poorly made, flimsy looking..

The lady spent alot to get into it, I don't think it is going that well for her..

Honored Contributor

so it's like Amway or Avon?

Do they host parties?

Honored Contributor

I just looked at the website 'our story' . apparently she's a single mother of 7 who, with the help of her husband Mark, launched a clothing business!

????

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I actaully went to a home party to see and touch before I bought anything online. The leggings are fantastic: very soft and comfy. However, I still think they are overpriced. I also bought a top. It's nice and washes well, but watch the sizing. The rep running the party was not forthcoming with their different fits, and I would have purchased a different style had I know their fits varied so much and only found that out after I did some more research online ( of course, I could have tried it on, but the home was tiny, very crowded and had a tiny bath, so I didn't want to bother).

I am pleased with what I bought but have no  interest in buying more.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

so it's like Amway or Avon?

Do they host parties?

A lot of DD's friends are sellers. These clothes are very popular among the 20-something set. Their sales tactics are different. Sellers can request certain items, but most of the time they don't know what colors or patterns the company will send them. They do know what styles they'll be sent.

This is what DD's friends who are sellers do. It may or may not be what others do - IDK. They also try to find items their customers want from other sellers if they can. Here is what happens:

When a shipment comes in, the seller will post the items online, and customers bid for the chance to buy them. You may or may not be the first one to get it; you will find out shortly. Then you arrange payment with the seller.

DD has been to a few "parties" at the sellers' homes, but as I said, these girls are already friends. 

I'm not crazy about the way they operate, and I haven't tried anything, although DD keeps trying to convince me. She has some cute leggings from them, a few with holiday prints, one with a firecracker print, as well as some plain black and grey ones. She has some tops and I've heard her mention the "Carly." I really don't pay much attention, but when I'm around the girls (not as much as I used to be), they do talk about the clothes a lot. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's a tried and true business model that, with the right product, can be successul...

@beach-mom

edited to add that it could be if it were more like the 2 I mentioned...

It seems a good idea in our present retail climate...I bet others will follow suit.

but you don't get to choose the color?! That's a bit weird...