Honored Contributor

Some new low rise jeans from Cititzens.  Notice the twist of tucking in tops. Jean is called the Racer.  Hate jeans with tops pulled over the waist. I want the top part of the jeans showing.  Rise is 7 3/4"

Racer Low Rise Slim in Rival

Racer Low Rise Slim in Caspian

Racer Low Rise Skinny in Mid Summer

Racer Low Rise Slim in Distressed Encore

Trusted Contributor

@songbird   I think these look great on the young models.  About 20 years ago that's what I wore too.  Now I wear mid-rise.  They give you a little more coverage but still look stylish in my opinion.

Trusted Contributor

I’m the opposite, I have to have everything pulled over my waist, that’s my problem area, don’t want it hanging out🙄

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Esteemed Contributor

These work well for slim, boyish figures.

We wore them lower in the '70s - front and back.  I had a pair with red felt bumblebees all over, though they were bell bottoms and longer.  I would plead to have my Mom take them in so they were skin tight.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

Every one of these models do not have an ounce of fat on them, in fact they are probably considered underweight. And I am supposed to look at them and say yes I should keep my waistband visible?  Why?

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

Every one of these models do not have an ounce of fat on them, in fact they are probably considered underweight. And I am supposed to look at them and say yes I should keep my waistband visible?  Why?

Most fashion models have rectangle shape bodies.  Most Runway models are required to have that body. It's boyish with very little curves. Katia of QVC has it.  I have that body.  Except I don't have the height  And I'm  not underweight.  My BMI index is 19.6 which is normal range. I don't believe those models are either.  Because of a small waist, I do wear every thing tucked in.  But I'm uncomfortable wearing low rise jeans.  Just me.  I much prefer mid or high rise. Ya know....you wear what you want to wear.  

Honored Contributor

To me they just look like jeans that don't fit.  It's like a lot of fashion items that just look like a mistake in fitting and sizing.  I always look at stuff like this and think why?  

There are so many other options that look someone knows how their body is made.  I see a lot of sales people on commercials wearing this style of pants.

Trusted Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

Most fashion models have rectangle shape bodies.  Most Runway models are required to have that body. It's boyish with very little curves. Katia of QVC has it.  I have that body.  Except I don't have the height  And I'm  not underweight.  My BMI index is 19.6 which is normal range. I don't believe those models are either.  Because of a small waist, I do wear every thing tucked in.  But I'm uncomfortable wearing low rise jeans.  Just me.  I much prefer mid or high rise. Ya know....you wear what you want to wear.  

I have to say I would wear my shirts tucked in if i was built like that as well, or had the body I did 25 years ago😀

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

@songbird 

Are you referring to tucking in your shirt as a new twist??!

Who knew I was such a trendsetter! Lol

Honored Contributor

I may have a 23" waist but at 57 I never tuck my shirt in.  Did that decades ago but I just do not feel comfortable with tight jeans ect.... everything for all to see.

May have been blessed below the waist extra small but also small above waist, not such a blessing.  Mid rise for me.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."