Honored Contributor

I'm 5'4" with a really short torsoe and also have a thick waist.  Low rise jeans are all that are comfortable for me.  I don't want anything tight around my waist and to get a larger size would make them too big.  I don't wear short tops and don't like the tucked look on me.  I never feel squeezed in after eating and can move freely.  Can't do that with my jeans cutting into my waist.  Also I don't have the muffin top above the waist like I would with a higher rise and actually look thinner with them.  I only wear a perfect fitting jean and they never slide down unless you buy jeans too big and stay put always.  I say whatever works for you is best.

'

Honored Contributor

@Pook 

That's the advantage of short torso; low aint so low! And crop (tops) aren't always.

But then anything with a high waist has the potential to be in your armpits! lol

Honored Contributor

The models all look like teens.

Respected Contributor

I love low riders, but jeans are not soft enough for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Low rise is the only style that fits my body.  I have no waist, built straight up and down.  Anything at my waist cuts into me and is very uncomfortable.  I hope low-rise makes a comeback. 

Respected Contributor

I love low rise jeans. Levi’s 524 Super Lows were/are my jam. They don’t make them anymore unfortunately, but I have lots in this style. They must be 10 yrs old or so by now. My Silver Jeans are low rise also. Still my fave jeans to wear. 

Esteemed Contributor

I wore low riders for decades because I thought they looked best on me.  I'm short (5'2) and skinny.  Then I tried on a pair of jeans that fit at my waist -- OMG!  they smoothed my torso and I looked thinner than I am!  My shirts and tops fit better, and I sometimes tuck now.  I never tucked my low riders.   So it all depends on the person, her individual shape, etc. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Does it matter what jean style is “in” right now?  They all come back around in one way, shape, or form anyhow. Just wear the style that looks good and works for you.

I have never looked at a woman and said “omg, her jeans are so outdated”.

There are so many styles and colors to choose for basically any body type, height,

age group or whatever else one can come up with to determine what they want for themselves.

Fit and Flatter - that is what matters. Not what is “in”. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

Let's hope we're not going back to the "plumber's crack" jeans days, lol. I don't want to see that on display, or the elastic tops of thong panties either. Too much information, IMO. Lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I wore low riders for decades because I thought they looked best on me.  I'm short (5'2) and skinny.  Then I tried on a pair of jeans that fit at my waist -- OMG!  they smoothed my torso and I looked thinner than I am!  My shirts and tops fit better, and I sometimes tuck now.  I never tucked my low riders.   So it all depends on the person, her individual shape, etc. 

Same here about high waisted jeans.  They look best on me.  My upper and lower body is in proportion.  Tops do fit better and they are best if you tuck in tops.  I currently just wear high and mid rise.  I never liked the low ones