Respected Contributor

yes we know you have re-iterated time after time you have a sender perfect body.   seems you post these $$$$ jeans here just to reinforce your self-worth in that you are slender, have money to burn and wear them as shown on anorexic models.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@songbird 

Are you referring to tucking in your shirt as a new twist??!

Who knew I was such a trendsetter! Lol

Yes, I do!  After years of wearing long tops (hear that QVC??)  Tops are tucked in.  Look at the top part of this pair of jeans from Shopbop   It would be lost covered up.

Valued Contributor

Ohhhh. i love those jeans. going to go check them out! thanks. I have had some Diane Gilman jeans which i thought were the bomb. but they seem to stretch out. then i tried Old Navy and they are a good fit for me.

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Some new low rise jeans from Cititzens.  Notice the twist of tucking in tops. Jean is called the Racer.  Hate jeans with tops pulled over the waist. I want the top part of the jeans showing.  Rise is 7 3/4"

I think they also tuck partly because they are selling the jeans and want to show off what they look like. Similar to some of the unfortunate product photos on the Q (and elsewhere) where they tuck into a waistband that shouldn't really be tucked (elastic, etc.) because they're showing off the product they're selling. I think many of us, even those who are slim with defined waists, don't really have a desire to go back to tucking (well, at least the full tuck, anyway) for casual looks, even if it has come back around as being the in thing to do.

Honored Contributor

I don't know how those low risers keep their pants on.  When mine are that low, they work themselves on down and end up around my ankles.  Now, that's NOT a good look.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I love these!  They flatter my body perfectly.  Thanks for posting them.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@songbird 

Yes, I do!  After years of wearing long tops (hear that QVC??)  Tops are tucked in.  Look at the top part of this pair of jeans from Shopbop   It would be lost covered up.

@songbird 

That's a silly generalization! The world didn't stop tucking because of tunics. That's like saying no one eats Chinese any more because of the popularity of Japanese. Or because of rap no one listens to rock?!

Honored Contributor

I rarely destest any particular look.

But I detest the look of low-riders with tucked in tops, especially when a belt is involved. I don't think it is flattering at all.

For reference only, I am a skinny-minny and it would do me no favors.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I prefer my tops to cover the tops of my jeans.  I just don't find the fly front to be very attractive.  JMHO.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@songbird 

@songbird 

That's a silly generalization! The world didn't stop tucking because of tunics. That's like saying no one eats Chinese any more because of the popularity of Japanese. Or because of rap no one listens to rock?!

I listen to both Cat Happy

I also have worn low rider jeans with tucked in tops forever.  Not always, as I love other jeans and top looks, too, but I will wear it when I feel like it whether it's "current" or not.

It's just a look that has always flattered me, so....

Tried the high rise wide leg when they had a resurgence a few years back and hated them on me, so I never wore them.