Respected Contributor

Yay! Absolutely love and prefer low rise jeans. When Levi’s quit makibg their 524’s I was sad. 

Honored Contributor

Viceroy Hip Huggers!

Anyone? Anyone?

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@kelshar wrote:

I prefer low-rise. I like the waistline at or under my bellybutton. I can't imagine wearing pants right below my chest.

Right below your chest ???  I imagine that would interfere with bending, probably breathing too.  I don't recall ever seeing chest high pants.  Other than on that Urkell charachter from way back when.

Well, that's good to hear.  My mind was imaginging a real high waist jean and it was not pretty....lol  Honestly, I think we aren't going to see anymore low riders than we've ever seen.  Sure some super models might be seen in super low riders that show all their bits and pieces but every other woman will continue to wear the style of jean that we feel works for us.  Right now, there's a jean style for every woman and every figure type and every occasion because that is what women want.   

Super Contributor

So glad we have options now days. Ten or more years ago, I had cordury low riders that fell half way at my hip bone. If I wore a short or average size top, it would show an inch or two of my lower belly which was fine but more often than not, I wore a long shirt with it. But now I feel that pants are more well made and cater to all body types. Thank God!

Super Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

There's an article on my news feed this morning that states low-rise jeans are coming back in style in 2019-20 and no one is happy about it.  It says that women are complaining on social media that they don't want to wear low-rise jeans......  So why do they feel they have to?  Because some designers say they do?   

Do you like low-rise jeans or at-the-waist styles?   Do you buy and wear certain styles  just because "someone" says it's "in," whether you like the style or not?   

I finally discovered the joy of high waist jeans for my no-hips body. I got so da*n tired of pulling up my pants all the time and don’t always want to wear a belt. I always had to have tailoring to reduce size of hips and thighs. Discovered a junior size high waist skinny that is almost heaven, and am donating about 20 pairs of sliders soon. I am now in the market for a new wardrobe of high waist jeans before hip hugger bell bottoms become the new “it” jean. 😮

Women don’t feel they “have to” follow, trends, or at least I don’t, but when retailers decide to switch styles offered to increase sales, the other options tend to disappear. Lately, more variety seems to stay available, but forced obsolescence and trend following fashionistas create more availability of targeted styles.

I never have worn something just because someone else says it is in. Reference cold shoulder tops and teddy bear coats for two examples. They just would not suit me. Fortunately we have so many other choices so there’s something for everyone.

Respected Contributor

I prefer low rise but find jeans too scratchy

Honored Contributor

When I was 'younger', I did wear hip huggers or lower rise jeans/pants.

But 'now', I just can't stand anything around my tummy.

And I'm 'long' from the waist to the cr*tch.

So, I prefer the highest waist possible.

It's great that most of the fabrics stretch, even at the waistband.

Whatever we feel comfortable in, is the most important.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@tototwo  In jeans and slacks I wear natural waist only.  The few pairs of below the navel pants that I own are worn only rarely, and when I do I always regret it.  Have to keep tugging at the waistband.  I prefer classic styles and skip ultra trendy items.

Love to look well put together, so crisp long sleeve shirts,

crewneck sweaters and blazers are part of my go-to items, even in retirement.  Comfortable and well cared for shoes or the occasional sneaker are also a must for me.