Honored Contributor

I DO NOT shop on my phone.  So, I would like to mention that on a computer a lot of these apps aka extentions can interfere with other sites.  So, if you suddently have trouble logging into a site you might try disabling all your extentions on your computer before contacting the site.  i discoverd this with one of my coupon apps that kept me from logging into a genealogy site that I should've been able to get on through my library.  I think it was the Ebates extension but can't remember for sure.

I'm not saying don't use them, just want to make you are aware.  

Honored Contributor

Some interesting articles about Shoptagr/Karma. Scary privacy concerns. Just don't allow it to install their button on your browser. If you allow that, they are able to see everything you do online, and they share your personal info. 

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

Some interesting articles about Shoptagr/Karma. Scary privacy concerns. Just don't allow it to install their button on your browser. If you allow that, they are able to see everything you do online, and they share your personal info. 

@Mj12 

You're just asking for trouble, IMO.

I'd rather look for the coupon codes on my own.  You can't be too safe!

Respected Contributor

I have never used the service mentioned, but I do use Retail Me Not to search for coupon codes.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@Mj12 

@Bri369 , same.  I never download any extensions to my browser.  It is very easy to search for coupon codes myself.

Also, people need to remember that more often that not, these bloggers and definitely the YouTubers are getting paid for these recommendations.   

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG Shopping aps are the biggest trackers. What you wrote is confusing, but if it is an app, it will typically know even where you are.  That is how it offers you discounts where you are shopping.  @ProudMa is correct.

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I DO NOT shop on my phone.  So, I would like to mention that on a computer a lot of these apps aka extentions can interfere with other sites.  So, if you suddently have trouble logging into a site you might try disabling all your extentions on your computer before contacting the site.  i discoverd this with one of my coupon apps that kept me from logging into a genealogy site that I should've been able to get on through my library.  I think it was the Ebates extension but can't remember for sure.

I'm not saying don't use them, just want to make you are aware.  

Not just that, those browser extensions know everything you do with your browser, including facebook, email, etc.

Respected Contributor

Re: Loving Shoptagger!

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@Mj12 

@Bri369 , same.  I never download any extensions to my browser.  It is very easy to search for coupon codes myself.

Also, people need to remember that more often that not, these bloggers and definitely the YouTubers are getting paid for these recommendations.   

BINGO!