Valued Contributor

Lovely dress yesterday by Mizrahi

loved thils dress until I put it in my cart and saw the shipping charge.  The dress was on sale for I think for $119 now it's back to it"s original price.  .Which was okay but the shipping was and still is

$144.00 dress price. 

S&H: $10.47. Well I took it out of my cart.  Thats high for a dress.  Kind of high.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lovely dress yesterday by Mizrahi

Yes it was a pretty dress and I thought Jane looked nice in it.  I was wondering why the shipping was so high???   I would never pay that shipping fee for a clothing item, and the price of the dress was high too, even at $119 IMO.

Honored Contributor

A598246??  There is a lot of material in that dress and I find poly/span to be heavy anyway.  Not too surprised at the s/h charge.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes @kaydee50  that's the one.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I saw that too.  Seems overpriced for the item and S&H. I had to take it out of my cart. Oh well...

Honored Contributor

That does seem high especially given the already high price. 

Honored Contributor

I stopped two orders this AM. ( not QVC ) because when I got to the shipping part, it was just too high. Now If I really want an item I've been known to pay high shipping. Maybe it's a hard to find item or one that is just perfect for my purposes. So I figure if the shipping scares me off, I really didn't want the item that badly. If the shipping adds 10.00 or more to the cost, it gives me pause.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've pretty much quit shopping at ShopHQ for a couple reasons, one the shipping cost. See my cart below. It's a few apparel items, nothing heavy or out of the norm. Way too much. Oh, and I did not order any of the items. Doing the math, shipping is over 60% of the cost. Ridiculous. 

If QVC goes that route I can't see them getting MORE orders. At least, per all the posts, people are fed up with shipping at $3.50. IF they raise rates they better darn well get the items to us in a couple days. They won't have new happy customers that pay that and have to wait a week or longer. I do have to point out, I usually get my items in a week so I don't have a complaint about the shipping time with QVC but others here seem to have issues with it. 

shophq.jpg

Honored Contributor

I have no idea whether the dress is overpriced, underpriced, or priced just right.  I haven't priced dresses for well over 20 years.  

I do know some dresses cost less and some cost more. Our personal just right price involves many variables, only one of which is the actual stated price.    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just wondering if anyone checked w/ CS or the mods to see if it was an error?

(I'm not really interested in the dress)

It seems so odd that when most clothing is $3.50/5.50...this one would have a crazy S/H fee!

If it were made out of gold and needed to be insured....then maybe!