Honored Contributor

Lovely Masks from Italy

[ Edited ]

I found them on Etsy, a seller named Roberta Capetti, her shop is LuciteItch, and she's in Milan.

I ordered 2.  They are 3 layer cotton, reversible,  have a flexible nose wire, and they fit perfectly.  The fabric is almost a satin finish.

I bought a floral print/black (reversible), and a peach/cream.  Received them today, ordered them on June1.

I have several masks now and these are definitely the most lovely (if a mask could be lovely!).  

ETA:   Roberta hand wrote a little note that was in the package saying that they are also machine washable.

Contributor

I have been looking for a new mask.  I have bought a few a Etsy and was happy with them.  Will check them out.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot   She only has 1 mask listed now, for $60.  It ought to be spectacular for that price.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Lovely Masks from Italy

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot   She only has 1 mask listed now, for $60.  It ought to be spectacular for that price.

@Kachina624 

You must be in the wrong shop.

She has 5 masks listed currently, all between $10 and $13.

The ones I purchased were that price, plus shipping which was around $5.

ETA:  I think I spelled the shop name wrong.  It's LuciteItch (that's an I, as in Isabelle, not l, as in Lucy)

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot    Thanks, the "L" worked much better.  Pardon my ignorance but do you know what this symbol is before the cost?  ₪36.57 and how does it translate to dollars?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It's so amazing to me what people charge for these homemade masks.    I made two of them a few months ago and my daughter has made about 50 of them.

They are so easy to sew, even with the pockets and nose wire.  oh well, At least someone is making money during this pandemic. Personally, I prefer the disposable ones.  I bought a few boxes at Walmart...they had tons of them,

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot    Thanks, the "L" worked much better.  Pardon my ignorance but do you know what this symbol is before the cost?  ₪36.57 and how does it translate to dollars?

@Kachina624 

I only see dollar amounts, so I don't know what to tell you about that.  

Sorry!

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

It's so amazing to me what people charge for these homemade masks.    I made two of them a few months ago and my daughter has made about 50 of them.

They are so easy to sew, even with the pockets and nose wire.  oh well, At least someone is making money during this pandemic. Personally, I prefer the disposable ones.  I bought a few boxes at Walmart...they had tons of them,

@Carmie 

Thanks so very much for your opinion.

I prefer pretty ones that fit well and are 3 layer cotton.  That's why I posted about these.  If I'm going out I'd rather wear something I find pretty, not just utilitarian.

For work I prefer some cotton ones from Los Angeles Apparel that fit well and I don't have to fiddle with.  Some other trainers I know don't like the disposable ones because they fall down when they speak and that's really annoying.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

36.57 euros is around $41 American dollars

Super Contributor

I just saw several in the shop for $10.19 US Shipping around $5.  The ones featured were animal print which i was not fond of but they look well made and priced well. Worth checking out!