Esteemed Contributor

Re: Love the clothes, not the vendor so much....?

Usually the vendor can be ignored if I like the line. I dislike the SG line, garish prints, liquid knit is not for me, and really can't watch her so I never watch her or her line even without her. There are a coup;e of hosts that I avoid so miss whatever they are selling.  I do check out on line though.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

I'm not "thrilled" with the staff at some of my local stores.....but I still shop there

@Desertdi 

I was in a store whose brand name I shall not divulge here but a store at which I purchased quite a bit of clothing, so sufice it to say "middle income clothing, nice and maybe what I would call middle-aged women store.." 

I saw a new look in the store that I really liked and commented, "Oh, that is pretty, it has a St John vibe...  I like that.." 

She remarked in a condescending tone... "We don't sell anything that here...our clothing is nice, high priced.  Maybe you should shop at JCP..." 

I don't know that I would have bought anything that day anyway but I was enjoying the browse until she said that.  Obviously, I was not the one who did not know clothing.  I wished her a good day and walked out.

Esteemed Contributor

I shop online (and ocasonally watch TV) without regards of vendor.  I have purchased items with names of people I don't care for.  Most of them don't design the clothes, they just have their name on it.  If I like it, and it suits me, I'll buy.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan Graver, don't like the vendor and don't like the clothes.

Super Contributor

That’s hilarious!  It took me a minute to figure out what was in that saleslady’s head.  Then it dawned on me!  J.C. Penney has St.John’s Bay, I think.. could that be it?  Hahahaha!  (And I could trade in any one of my St. John pieces for about 50 St. John’s Bay items).  

Esteemed Contributor

I won’t buy anything from Rinna.  That’s the only one.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

I'm not "thrilled" with the staff at some of my local stores.....but I still shop there

@Desertdi 

I was in a store whose brand name I shall not divulge here but a store at which I purchased quite a bit of clothing, so sufice it to say "middle income clothing, nice and maybe what I would call middle-aged women store.." 

I saw a new look in the store that I really liked and commented, "Oh, that is pretty, it has a St John vibe...  I like that.." 

She remarked in a condescending tone... "We don't sell anything that here...our clothing is nice, high priced.  Maybe you should shop at JCP..." 

I don't know that I would have bought anything that day anyway but I was enjoying the browse until she said that.  Obviously, I was not the one who did not know clothing.  I wished her a good day and walked out.

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi 

@Nonametoday   Oh, I know the feeling.   I was at the only bench jeweler nearby, waiting for the guy to give a final polish for the piece I was having repaired..........and decided I'd look at some sapphire earrings while I was waiting.   The snotty woman behind the counter said, "YOU can't AFFORD those earrings."   My jaw dropped, and I was speechless.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi 

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi 

@Nonametoday   Oh, I know the feeling.   I was at the only bench jeweler nearby, waiting for the guy to give a final polish for the piece I was having repaired..........and decided I'd look at some sapphire earrings while I was waiting.   The snotty woman behind the counter said, "YOU can't AFFORD those earrings."   My jaw dropped, and I was speechless.

@Desertdi 

I had a friend have that happen to her when she was looking at a 3-carat diamond in a local jewelry store. The clerk told her she could not open the glass as she is only allowed to that for serious customers.  She replied "I could buy this store ." And she could, but she is not pretentious and dresses in jeans or shorts and T-shirts because she spends most of her days in summertime gardening or sailing, her hobbies.  

She has fine clothes but reserves them for what she calls "occasions," and for travel as they do a lot of that. Just shows it is hard to judge a book by its cover and we should not do that.  I am sorry that happened to you.  Perhaps you should not return to that store.  

Honored Contributor

I don't let my dislike of the vendor influence my choice to buy.

Respected Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

Susan Graver, don't like the vendor and don't like the clothes.

The Graver line is owned by QVC.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky