Esteemed Contributor

Love the clothes, not the vendor so much....?

I have found that some of the clothing I really like is from designers \ vendors that I am not crazy about (I.e. Isaac Mizrahi, Lisa Rinna, etc). I buy what I like, however. I think that others sometimes just don't buy from vendors they don't like - as a matter of principle. Do you base your buying decisions solely on the clothing or does your opinion of the designer or vendor weigh into your decisions?

Honored Contributor

Re: Love the clothes, not the vendor so much....?

Personally, if I don't care for the vendor, I don't even look at the clothes.

Honored Contributor

Some vendors, Lisa Rinna being one, i choose not to subsidize regardless of how the clothing looks.  I'd probably never see it since I change the channel at first sight.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Since I am not advertising the designer, I wear clothing that looks well on me and that I personally like.

I don't care who the designer is / was.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I'm not "thrilled" with the staff at some of my local stores.....but I still shop there

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

It probably depends on WHY I dislike the vendor. For example, pre-Covid, I thought Kim Gravel was a bit “much”, but I like her clothes very much (and I’m really liking her from home, personality tempered a bit by distance.) I used to really like Rinna’s clothing too, and let many of the stories and comments about her slide...until she said something that I couldn’t ignore. So, I won’t buy from her anymore.
Honored Contributor

You couldn't GIVE me Rinna's stuff. Not after the way she bad mouthed a part of the female population. Shame on her and QVC for supporting someone like that.

Honored Contributor

For me, it varies. 

If I don't lke a vendor - I don't watch or buy.

I'll usually buy Lisa Rinna, Renee, LOGO, Mackie, Basso, Tolani. and an occasional D&Co. 

Esteemed Contributor

Never really thought about it, but I never like the styles from vendors I don't like.  And that takes care of that!

Respected Contributor

Well let me think this one over.  When I grow up to be a perfect human being who has never inadvertently offended any human being, I might think I'm entitled to judge other's bad judgements.  Since I doubt I'll ever reach that status, I just buy what I like and what looks good on me.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~