Honored Contributor

Re: Love the clothes, not the vendor so much....?

I don’t let the vendor influence my purchases. When I shop online at the Q or other retailers, I look at items I’m interested in regardless of brand. Yes, I tend to prefer certain brands & stores more than others because they cater more to my personal style, but I don’t rule out garments from certain vendors just based on their name or persona. 

Honored Contributor

I've been turned off to Real Housewives and their lines....especially the mean girls, but I have ordered from Heather Dubrow's husband's line...

As for designers, like SG, it really bothers me when their spiel constantly includes putting down other vendors (unless they sell on the 3rd floor of NM) just to tout their wares. As is proven by most you can expound on the virtues of your line all day long without speaking negatively of others. Laurie Felt does it too...It's definitely turned me off to purchasing her jeans....

Celebrity fragrances are another sore spot.. that is until a friend of a friend was wearing Sarah J Parker's Lovely (which she whispered when I asked! LOL) I will sniff first before turning up my nose in the future...

Valued Contributor

If I just don't care for a vendor's personality, it doesn't stop me from buying,   However, if I find them distasteful, I do not want to contribute to the lining of their pockets (ie Lisa Rinna). Even if I loved something of hers, I would never purchase any item.  

Valued Contributor

Have to add Laurie Felt to one whose clothes I will not purchase.  She turns me off big time.  

Trusted Contributor

will not even consider certain designer wares such as Lisa Rinna. She makes it abundantly clear what she thinks of the Q customer.

dee 

Contributor

I wish somebody would have said that when Cathy Lee Gifford got broiled years ago because of her manufacturing employees.

Contributor

I typically won't.  If I don't like staff at a local establishment, I usually don't go back.

Esteemed Contributor

There are plenty of clothes designers out there and lots to choose from.  If I don't like the vendor for one reason or another (Lisa Rinna and Martha Stewart to name two,) then I won't buy from them.  No one is perfect and we can all find fault with someone else.  But I feel that the vendor and their products kind of go together.  People tend to buy from people they like.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva Agree totally.No-one trying to be perfect but man QVC really wants to be associated with people who accidentally talks so much trash and lewd JMO videos that all can see even QVC.

I know they have just changed so much that it really is all about sales.

I definitely change that channel when that person comes on but disappointed in QVC at same time.