Respected Contributor

Re: Love and own several Susan Graver tops

@TX-starlight wrote:

@panda1234 most are inching towards $75. I can't afford that for polyester either. She's priced herself out of my budget for sure! I just looked "items on air", since I can't tolerate watching, I was shocked at the prices. Nothing special about what I saw tonight. 

@TX-starlight Check As Is for her items.

Respected Contributor

@panda1234 Tks, I'm a 2-3x, they are usually the 1st to sell out. I do check, but usually only s-m are left. 

Respected Contributor

@Blingqueen023 I feel her prices are ridiculous for the quality of clothing. Read reviews on her clothing. There are SO many complaints of the sizing being off. Quality clothing should be the same sizing across the board. They either off the fit in the sleeves, shoulders, or something else. The quality is just not there, for the price. I own MANY of Susan's cardigans, only because they are a loose fit. They are not even properly hemmed, they look like they are hemmed with a surge machine. I usually will not even consider something from Susan, that is anywhere near a "fitted" type garment, for fear of having to return. I splurged in December & bought a cardigan set, just because it was RED & I had been searching high & low for something in a true red (& my plus size). It was nothing that special for the price. 

**Susan's behavior is what singles her out most of the time. 

Respected Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

@panda1234 Tks, I'm a 2-3x, they are usually the 1st to sell out. I do check, but usually only s-m are left. 

@TX-starlight I agree but sometimes you luck out.

Trusted Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

but they are inching towards $60! I can not justify paying that much for polyester. 

There are many, many SG’s on sale!  Always look at lunch time specials & “recently reduced”, which are new on Monday.  When she had her TSV last week, there were TONS of them!

Esteemed Contributor

I do not think her tops are worth 60 dollars. You can get that material in any Kmart or Walmart store for far cheaper if you like that sort of thing.

Honored Contributor

I have many of SG's tops.  Never had a problem with inconsistent sizing.  And her liquid knit lasts forever and launders beautifully.  Love them.  However, my threshhold was $50 (plus shipping).  I would buy anything over that price.  Luckily, when she had her TSV the other day, there were many items on LTS.  I got three tops....one of which was $22!  Probably would have bought more had my size been available.

Valued Contributor

Prices on everything are increasing. On QVC & in retail.
SG clothes are high quality. I am very particular about clothing and rarely disappointed in what I get from her line. In retail, I buy from Chicos or Nordstrom where I would pay $50-60 for a top. They do not offer EZ pay to help make it more affordable.
QVC is not Kohl’s or Penney’s where you might find $20-30 tops. Their prices may be lower but the quality isn’t there. I’ve been in Kohl’s recently and was surprised at what they offered. (not in a good way)
SG items hold their shape & color for years. They launder beautifully.
As far as inconsistent sizing, this is an industry-wide problem, you will deal with this no matter where you buy clothing.
Honored Contributor

Since I can only stand to wear liquid knit in the winter I don't have much of it. However, I do think she makes a good quality product that stands the test of time, never pills, fades or loses it's shape.Easy care. However, she has been priced out of my budget as has most QVC clothing.

Occasional Contributor

I can't believe the prices on all the fashions particularly this year.  I see a few fall and winter fashions now and they are crazy expensive for me.  I am at home and usually dress more for church or special occasions.  I can not nor will I pay such high prices for items I can find elsewhere for less than half the price.  The prices are way too high on QVC any more, and then if you purchase something there is the postage and handling.  If I am going to pay that much for postage and handling then I would think I should receive it faster than 7 to 10 days!  If you have to return the item, more money.  No thanks QVC!