Honored Contributor

Re: Love a frame kiss-lock handbag—reinvented!

@1Professor 

I like the style too and almost bought this cross-body, 742-843, by Carlos Santana until I read the review! But it's so darn cute!!

Carlos by Carlos.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@1Professor 

I like the style too and almost bought this cross-body, 742-843, by Carlos Santana until I read the review! But it's so darn cute!!

Carlos by Carlos.jpg

@Andreatoo   Love that soft blue!

Honored Contributor

It does remind me of the bags my grandmothers and my great aunts carried.  Just updated in terms of color and prints.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It does remind me of the bags my grandmothers and my great aunts carried.  Just updated in terms of color and prints.

@chrystaltree   And they didn't have LARGE bags.

Yet, essentials inside.

Always a hanky.

Always a roll of lifesavers/mints.

Esteemed Contributor

Beware of the chain strap over the shoulder.  I bought handbags with chain straps a few years ago and they were painful to wear.  This bag smartly appears to have an alternative leather crossbody strap.

I have also found kiss-lock closures not to be durable.

This bag has other features that are not my style either, but I can see it is popular.  QVC's alerted me that 1,500 already hit shopping bags today, which of course is not the same as actual sales.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@chrystaltree   And they didn't have LARGE bags.

Yet, essentials inside.

Always a hanky.

Always a roll of lifesavers/mints.

There were the tiny evening bags.  I remember my Aunt Bea had one that was tapestry, with a change.  There were also larger bags that were horizontal rather than vertical.  Day bags that were frame bags the kiss lock and leather handles that the ladies carried over their arms.  My mom is carrying one of those bags in my favorite picture of my parents shortly after they got married.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the vintage look of the kiss lock. The only PN item I own is a kiss lock coin purse.

I wish the aqua in this bag had the tooling. The pink tooled is so pretty.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

Love this bag as a crossbody and am now drawn to the patterns!

a399294.008.jpeg

Honored Contributor

i am generally not a fan of patricia nash handbags......not fond of her tooling look (i much prefer the ones by sharif) and not fond of the "painted design" look. however, i am interested in the croco patterned ones.......so tempted because i LOVE the kiss lock style and both of the croco colors are beautiful.

decisions, decisions.......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i am generally not a fan of patricia nash handbags......not fond of her tooling look (i much prefer the ones by sharif) and not fond of the "painted design" look. however, i am interested in the croco patterned ones.......so tempted because i LOVE the kiss lock style and both of the croco colors are beautiful.

decisions, decisions.......

@sunshine45   The aqua croc was mine immediately.

I also wear a lot of Navajo turquoise.

Note on the two crocs: 

The aqua has silvertone hardware

The magenta has goldtone hardware