Esteemed Contributor

Re: Love/Hate relationship with Lori Goldstein

@brewhaha wrote:

To each their own.

Hey brewhaha!  Where have you been!  I miss your sense of humor!!

Valued Contributor

Perhaps a different perception?  

Each garment has 2 pockets, right? 

Therefore you can carry different things in each pocket.  This would balance out the weight of each piece so no more hem tugging?

No more purse to carry?  Snacks for everyone?  Change for the meter? 

The possibilities are endless.!!!!!  IMHOSmiley Happy of course.

Trusted Contributor

@brewhaha

Talk about a blast from the past.  I've also missed your posts. 

@nana59 wrote:

@brewhaha wrote:

To each their own.

Hey brewhaha!  Where have you been!  I miss your sense of humor!!

Contributor

When Logo first came to QVC SHE HAD EXACTLY WHAT I WOULD WEAR.   LONGER LENGTH AND NOTHING FANCY.  NICE STYLE AND COLORS.  Well  her price range was around $39.00.  Now she has all this lace, dotted lace, ruffles, and outrageous prices.   Now her prices are in the $60-70 or even higher.   Not worth it.  I have many tops and jackets from her early days and love them.   Only buy now if in clearance.  Love the length of around 32".  To my surprise she is having a tsv in June for $39.96 with buy more savings of $5.00.  Nice thinner top for summer.  I bought 3 already.  Nothing fancy or with lace or ruffles. Just more plain.  My style for sure.   Can't wait to get.  If I like I will probably get all colors.   

Respected Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

I understand why many here don't like the way Lori styles her line. What I don't get is why it is so profoundly upsetting. ""Bag-lady"" ""Clown"" ""Crazy"" It is as though they are actually angry about the way she dresses. Name calling over the layering of a top. That is much more strange than anything that Lori does.

Linea doesn't typically fit my personal style but the conversation and excitement shown by those who love the line is fun. Fun and light-hearted = good.

I don't get the anger either and it's ridiculous. Just like with any other stylist or designer, you don't have to listen to their recommendations and to mock and shame those who like the line is immature and hateful. No one is forcing us to watch or buy. If you don't like a certain vendor, ignore them and stay out of the specific threads devoted to them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leeith,      Lori's philosophy, "layer, layer, layer"  equals buy more, and more, and more.  That's what it comes down to.  Sit back and watch her program.  No one looks good in her clothes IMO.  As far as mixing any colors together == absolutely not.  Some colors will clash with others and you will look like a clown or bag lady.  IMO, her look is sooooooooooo OVER.  I can't believe it lasted this long.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

The only anger I see is from the ones actually wearing the clown clothes & don't like it that others think they got ripped off for their efforts.

Occasional Contributor

Some of the LOGO stuff is cute, but I agree with many others that sometimes the pricing seems off. Also, sometimes with all the lace, dots, etc it starts to look like children's fashion. All in all I think most of it has potential depending  on how you choose to style it. Doesn't necessarily have to be head-to-toe LOGO like they show on the models. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@StraytoStay wrote:

The only anger I see is from the ones actually wearing the clown clothes & don't like it that others think they got ripped off for their efforts.

I think being told you look like a "bag lady" or a "clown" would make anyone angry, even you I'm sure.   I'm also sure they don't feel that are being "ripped off" or they wouldn't buy them. 

Respected Contributor

I still say Mackie did this 'look" first.

carol burnett cleaning lady - Bob Mackie